Amy

Chain Link MN 2011: Meeting Betty Hechtman

Do any of you enjoy cozy mysteries? I read a series by author Betty Hechtman. The main character, Molly Pink, is the event coordinator for an independent bookstore. In the first book, she gets involved with a crochet group that meets in the store and learns how to crochet. I have all the books Betty has written.

Well, I was standing at CGOA's yarn winding booth on the shopping floor at the Chain Link/Knit and Crochet Show conference in Minneapolis. Somebody came to pick up her yarn. It was loud in there, so I didn't quite hear her full name. All I heard was "Betty He........."

Imagine my surprise when I looked down at the drop-off list and saw the name Betty Hechtman! I turned around, totally awestruck, and uttered the oh-so-brilliant line, "You're THE Betty Hechtman!!!"

I proceeded to mention how I had all her books and had just bought the latest on for my iPad, as well as the first in the series (since I have misplaced my paperback version).

Betty asked me how I enjoyed reading on the iPad, and wanted to know what I thought about the iPad vs. the Nook. Well, I drug out my trusty iPad, and showed her! I turned the Kindle app on, and up comes her first book, since that was what I was reading on the plane ride.

I showed her the Kindle options that made me really enjoy reading on the iPad, and then showed her some of my favorite apps. She told me she was pretty much convinced she needed the iPad. (I think I sold several designers on the virtues of the iPad over the conference week, too.)

Anyway, meeting Betty and getting to speak with her personally was one of the highlights of my conference experience! Betty also told me she's been to Crochetville, and she really enjoys this site. :)

Betty's Books:

#1: Hooked on Murder

murder.jpg

#2: Dead Men Don't Crochet

deadmen.jpg

#3: By Hook or By Crook

byhook.jpg

#4: A Stitch in Crime

stitch.jpg

#5: You Better Knot Die

knotdie.jpg

#6: Behind the Seams (will be released 11/1/11)

seams.jpg

Note: Book links go through Crochetville's Amazon Associates account.

I could have kicked myself for not thinking at the time to ask Betty if I could have someone take our picture together! I actually had my digital camera with me at the yarn winding booth.

Well, if she happens to come to Chain Link in Greensboro, I'll be hunting her down for that photo! :lol

That is so cool! I hate when I forget to take pictures, happened to me when I met Micky Dolenz. :lol

I love her books too- still haven't read #5 though---may just have to download it! I have a Nook and an Ipad so can read it on either. That's cool that you got to meet her!!!!

I am still green with envy even if you did forgot to have your picture made with her.

How exciting...I love her books. Have read them all and I am eagerly awating the new one.