~threadbear~

Hello from the U.K!

Hello, my name is Kim and I live in Cumbria in the UK.

I love cross stitch, can knit a little, but have wanted to learn crocheting for years.

No matter how hard I've tried though, I just couldn't get it.

Then this June I sat down again with a hook, some yarn and a heap of determination and for some totally unknown reason ... I finally got it!!!

I couldn't believe it! :cheer

I think some of my confusion though was that I hadn't been aware that there are US and UK names, so I've been using tutorials for both without realising it. :think

I actually prefer the American terms, so I'm trying to stick with those.

So now I just can't put my hook down and have so far crocheted 4 cushion covers, 2 wool doilies, 2 wool motifs, 2 wool flowers and then 2 thread doilies (number 10 and number 8 I think?), also I used a thicker thread I got for stitching but it doesn't stich well and made a doily with that.

At the moment I'm working on a round ripple blanket type thing that I want to use as a bit of a throw over the box I keep all my yarn in.

I'm so enjoying crocheting, but as a complete novice I thought it would be great to join a forum where I'll be able to hopefully get alot of advice and inspiration.

Thanks!

:)

I go to a blog attic 24 on type pad. her name is Lucy and she is from the uk. She puts US terms in her patterns because most of those who do her stuff are from the US

Hi:hi and welcome:welcome from the West Coast of Florida

Welcome to the crochet club. I've worked some patterns with U.K. terms too, so I understand the confusion. I do a lot of crafting with yarn and thread, but crochet is my absolute favorite. It is so versatile.

Hi Kim, welcome to Crochetville!

welcome to the ville from the south coast of the uk, I too learnt using US terms without knowing it, :)

Welcome!! from Kentucky

I go on Attic24 blog too, have used some of her patterns - love her blog.

Hello,welcome to Crochetville.

Hello from south Florida!

Thank you all for the lovely welcomes. :)

I've spent quite a bit of time already looking around the boards, there's so many lovely things to see. :yes

I was going to show my attempts so far at crocheting in the show and tell boards (as I think that's where we post pictures?) but having seen how good you all are, I think I'll wait until I improve a bit! :hook

:D

Howdy from Oklahoma Kim

Welcome to Crochetville

:welcome to the Ville! We're glad you're here :hook