Hello from the U.K!

~threadbear~

Hello, my name is Kim and I live in Cumbria in the UK.

I love cross stitch, can knit a little, but have wanted to learn crocheting for years.

No matter how hard I've tried though, I just couldn't get it.

Then this June I sat down again with a hook, some yarn and a heap of determination and for some totally unknown reason ... I finally got it!!!

I couldn't believe it! :cheer

I think some of my confusion though was that I hadn't been aware that there are US and UK names, so I've been using tutorials for both without realising it. :think

I actually prefer the American terms, so I'm trying to stick with those.

So now I just can't put my hook down and have so far crocheted 4 cushion covers, 2 wool doilies, 2 wool motifs, 2 wool flowers and then 2 thread doilies (number 10 and number 8 I think?), also I used a thicker thread I got for stitching but it doesn't stich well and made a doily with that.

At the moment I'm working on a round ripple blanket type thing that I want to use as a bit of a throw over the box I keep all my yarn in.

I'm so enjoying crocheting, but as a complete novice I thought it would be great to join a forum where I'll be able to hopefully get alot of advice and inspiration.

Thanks!

:)

Thank you all for the lovely welcomes. :)

I've spent quite a bit of time already looking around the boards, there's so many lovely things to see. :yes

I was going to show my attempts so far at crocheting in the show and tell boards (as I think that's where we post pictures?) but having seen how good you all are, I think I'll wait until I improve a bit! :hook

:D

Archived