Edging help?

Vombatiformes

Question

Due to the suggestions of multiple people here, I decided to try that bubble stitch baby blanket as my first baby blanket pattern. It's going SUPER well. I chose a combination of white and pink yarns to crochet with, and it is so cute.

I will be giving the blanket to my childhood friend Angela, who just had a little girl last week and would be totally thrilled with such a nice gift.

However, I would really like to give this blanket an edging, even though the pattern states that one isn't necessary. It's nice on it's own, of course, but I think a little flair around the edges would really make it stand out to her.

Does anyone know of any good edgings that are not too difficult but would look appropriate on the bubble stitch baby blanket pattern? Thank you SO much. I will totally be posting pictures of this once it's finished! So proud!

4 answers to this question

Hi. I don't know if this will help, but Leisure Arts publishes 2 books of just edgings. I recently purchased one of them through ipad2. The book I have contains 50 borders. So there's something for every project. Best wishes with your blanket. :manyheart

How nice to make an heirloom blanket for this family! I like to do a simple shell around, it always looks nice. With baby blankets, keep in mind those teeny fingers may get caught in lacy edging with a lot of holes.

There are a lot of samples and ideas here... http://crochet.about.com/od/edgings/tp/crochet-edging-patterns.htm

I agree with Mattenylou. A simple scallop edging is always pretty on anything and is close enough so tiny fingers won't slip through. I always do a round of sc as a base first

Archived