Sorbet Bookmark

Please be gentle. Heehee. I am teaching my seven-year-old niece to crochet. She's only learned to stitch chains and hasn't stopped in two days. LOL. She knows how to start from the beginning, how to hold her hook and yarn, how to control the tension, and she even knows how to correct a mistake and not twist the chains. So, you see, even making chains can be challenging if you put it that way ;) I purchased a small kit for her, with a cute sewing basket as a reward after finishing her first project. I told her it would be a thin scarf, though I was waiting to see if she would commit to the bookmark. She absolutely did and thus earned her basket. She's very, very happy! Here is her first crocheted project ever and her receiving her reward. It's just a chain rope with three clear beads on each end. She's waiting to start on her scarf. Thanks for looking :hook

post-44469-135897682907_thumb.jpg

post-44469-135897682911_thumb.jpg

She did a great job- and must be so proud of herself!!! What a wonderful Aunt you are to teach her!!! Can't wait to see her scarf!!!

She looks so happy in the picture- and you are creating wonderful memories for her!!!

Aw bless her, she looks so pleased with her reward! You must be the coolest aunt ever to take the time and have the patience to teach her! Im sure she will get such a thrill wearing a scarf she actually made! Keep up the good work!

Oh my! It is so sweet to see the most pure enthusiasm! What an awesome job on the bookmark! Cant wait to see the pics of the scarf!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How wonderful!

Please don't minimize how awesome this is as a first project. Tension and turning are difficult to master. She did a wonderful a job and she looks so happy with her basket.

I think it's great!

She did a wonderful job. It is so pretty and the tension of the stitches look perfect. Both of you should be very proud. She really has a talent for crochet.

Great job, thanks for posting this and the pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Rose, what a lovely bookmark you made. I just love how even tension all the chains are. You really learned the technique well! :cheer:clap

The beads are a perfect touch on each end. :manyheart

I hear that you are going to make a scarf next. I'll look forward to seeing that as well.

Congratulations on your sewing kit. You really worked hard to earn it. Good for you! You are learning many important things, and you are doing great work. I know your aunt and family must be very proud of you. :hug

• 3 months later...

Archived