transplanted iowan from nc saying hello...

starryblu

popping in to say hello from north carolina! i moved here about eight years ago from iowa, and i LOVE it here! i'm crazy about crochet, been a crocheter for about 25 years now. being a lefty has made it quite a challenge, but i will toot my own horn and say that i think i do a pretty good job. knitting has also become a new passion of mine, and i'm trying very hard to learn.

i love making gifts for friends, and baby things. HOPEFULLY baby things for grandbabies, but we haven't quite gotten there yet! maybe soon...i need one to spoil.:2hug:2hug

Hello from Pittsboro, NC. My husband is also a transplant from Iowa. He was in the Air Force in Goldsboro when I met him and I convinced him to stay. Too cold for me...brrrrrr! I also love to crochet baby items!

wow everyone, thank you so much for the wonderful welcome! i'm very excited to have found the forum. i have enjoyed crochet for so long, it's really fun to find others who are fans as well.

speaking of fans...

Hello from Pittsboro, NC. My husband is also a transplant from Iowa. He was in the Air Force in Goldsboro when I met him and I convinced him to stay. Too cold for me...brrrrrr! I also love to crochet baby items!

Rose, i have cubbies fans in my family!! my dad was a die-hard cubs fan all of his life. my oldest son, who still lives in iowa, and his new bride are cubs fans. he and my youngest son keep life interesting, as my baby is a white sox fan. they love to argue baseball lol. what part of iowa is your husband from? and i totally agree with you about iowa being cold! it gets down-right frigid. i do miss the snow though...

Hi from Concord NC! If you are close by, check out our stitching group on Ravelry, Loom City Stitchers. We meet on Thursday evenings.

hi back, and thanks for the invite! i actually had to mapquest you, i don't know all of the nc cities, though i have heard of concord. sadly :( you are almost two hours away. i sure would love to find a group that's close by!!

Welcome from a fellow new comer. Hope we can get to know each other and share projects.

hello fellow newcomer! i'm always happy to meet new people and share projects. what creation do you have going right now?

hi back, and thanks for the invite! i actually had to mapquest you, i don't know all of the nc cities, though i have heard of concord. sadly :( you are almost two hours away. i sure would love to find a group that's close by!!

Are you a member of Ravelry? If so, go to the groups tab, & search by location. that's how I found my group.

hello fellow newcomer! i'm always happy to meet new people and share projects. what creation do you have going right now?

Hello and thank you for the lovely welcome. Right now I am working on a blanket that my husband says the colors are hippy colors so I call it my hippy blanket. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in Painted Desert. I started it like a year ago and keep putting it down and picking it back up again. Blankets take so long......

What are you all working on?

Are you a member of Ravelry? If so, go to the groups tab, & search by location. that's how I found my group.

i AM a member of Ravelry. and that's a great idea! lol...now i don't know why i wouldn't have thought of that. but i have lots of what i call my "duh" moments. thank you for the suggestion :o)

Hello and thank you for the lovely welcome. Right now I am working on a blanket that my husband says the colors are hippy colors so I call it my hippy blanket. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in Painted Desert. I started it like a year ago and keep putting it down and picking it back up again. Blankets take so long......

What are you all working on?

ohh that sounds really pretty! and cool too, 'cos hippies ARE so cool. you are right, blankets do take a long time. my own blanket, that i take everywhere, took me two years to knit. but it's awesome. if i did this right, here's a pic...lol you can tell it's a little beat up. but it's cool too!

post-51872-135897684009_thumb.jpg

Archived