felting tunisian entrelac

Carlinda

Has anyone felted entrelac before. Thinking of doing a purse up and felting it. I just love the harlequinn look. Wondering how it does in the felting process, shrinking and so forth. I know how regular crochet stitches felt, however just wondering if anyone has experience felting tunision or entrelac.

Thanks in advance and Happy Crocheting,

Carlinda :dog

I was intrigued just like you are, so I gave it a try a few years ago. Wish I could offer you a picture of how it turned out, but I didn't own a camera when I made the bag.

I bought the pattern from Carolyn Christmas. The instructions were superb! Well worth the money I spent. If you are interested, here is a link to the pattern.

http://gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page2052.htm

:ty everyone. I will just have to make up a swatch and see how it goes. I am working on some blankets right now, then will work on the felting it for a purse. Will definately make up a swatch and throw it in the machine. When I get to it I will post my findings, good or bad,, lol.. It seems to me that it might felt up pretty thick with regular worsted weight wool. Knitting shrinks more in height than width and vice versa for regular crochet, so will be interesting to see the how it goes with the entrelac. Now to finish the afghans first.

Happy Crocheting,

Carlinda :dog

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived