What's on your needles right now?

CLLinda

Hi everybody, Still hanging in there. COPD has been getting worse and been in the hospital a few times.

But still have that knitting mojo..

On the needles - Knitting Monsters for the kids at the hospital. Patterns by Danger Craft. http://www.dangercrafts.com/ Kids seem to like the monsters and critters.

I'm using up my stash, which is a good thing.

Christmas Stocking for the 3 little ones in the family and either a Monster or critter. Have http://www.dangercrafts.com/shop/Knitting-Patterns/Animal-Knitting-Patterns/p/Esther-the-Eccentric-Elephant-Knitting-Pattern-Pdf-sku-Esther.htm fimished.

Hope to check in more often..

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gardener, thanks for that link! I cast one on last night to include in my Stocking Stuffer swap for Tiffer93--hey, no one ever said that knit items couldn't be included in our swaps, right? And it's such a cute pattern. Thanks again!

You're welcome. It's a nice quick knit and the picture really shows up nicely. (and since I am so slow, it must be really fast!) I finished mine last night. Haven't decided yet what will be next.

• 2 weeks later...

on the size 8 circulars a hat to match a scarf (commissioned set number 1)

scarf done, hat about half way

on the size 15 circulars a hat to match a scarf (commissioned set number 2)

scarf also finished, hat about half, but need to go back a couple of rows, dropped a stitch and putting off ripping...

in the bag waiting for me to finish the hats for sets one and two, the yarn for hat and scarf set number #3

Finished the Seraphina and have a couple of things going. I was working on a slouchy beret but forgot to take the DPNs with me on a trip over the weekend so I secured the stitches with yarn and grabbed the needle out to start another charity hat (Ravelry link) with a different yarn from the beret. It's a basic 2X2 rib stitch which will fit practically anybody. Just turn up the cuff as far as you need for the length and the ribbing is going to be snug and fit from child to adult. Also started back on a pair of socks I HOPE will fit me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hats are my number one thing to make for charity. They work up fast, and someone will wear it. Especially in this cold, rotten weather that we get around here.

I probably make 20 or 30 a year.

:manyheart

Hats are my number one thing to make for charity. They work up fast, and someone will wear it. Especially in this cold, rotten weather that we get around here.

I probably make 20 or 30 a year.

I am afraid that charity hat turned into a Christmas gift. (blush) And I started another Christmas hat this afternoon. Once done with Dec. 25, I need to buckle down to some serious charity knitting. You're right, Linda. Even here in the South it gets plenty cold enough to need a hat. I know it must be miserable up there.

Knit Your Bit scarf for the WWII Museum in New Orlean's 2012 pattern, a hidden rib stitch, made from JoAnn Sensations multi casual boucle left over from a Project Linus blanket. You can't really see the rib pattern, but it's super soft and cushy.

Patty

Do you happen to have a link for this, Patty? Although I don't often get to a JoAnn's. :( (It would be dangerous if I did, anyway.)

Do you happen to have a link for this, Patty?

I sure do. Here it is. Knit Your Bit. And I apologize, it's called the mistake stitch ribbed scarf for 2012.

My excuse for the brain misfire--I paid my mortgage on Nov. 26, it was posted the 26th, but the bank's mortgage department has lost the check and is threatening to take me to a collection agency. Can you imagine!?! THey have the digital image of the check on the bank computer and the mortgage department is still being a PITA.

I sure do. Here it is. Knit Your Bit. And I apologize, it's called the mistake stitch ribbed scarf for 2012.

My excuse for the brain misfire--I paid my mortgage on Nov. 26, it was posted the 26th, but the bank's mortgage department has lost the check and is threatening to take me to a collection agency. Can you imagine!?! THey have the digital image of the check on the bank computer and the mortgage department is still being a PITA.

Thank you! We won't see some of our children till after the first of the year and I am considering a WWII hat and this scarf (if I have time to knit it) for my son-in-law. I think he would find that to be quite cool. I bookmarked the page immediately! (After all the Christmas knitting is over I really ought to knit up a couple of things for the Knit Your Bit, since they're offering these nice patterns.)

Sorry about your snafu with the bank. What a mess! Hope it is straightened out soon!

I am afraid that charity hat turned into a Christmas gift. (blush) And I started another Christmas hat this afternoon. Once done with Dec. 25, I need to buckle down to some serious charity knitting. You're right, Linda. Even here in the South it gets plenty cold enough to need a hat. I know it must be miserable up there.

Oh, you are so right. And if my hats help someone, then it makes me feel like I am really helping out. I have seen a couple of the hats I made that I gave away in the community. It really warms my heart.

Just by making a simple hat, you could help save a life.

Someone gave me a skein of rhss in mixed colors of navy, maroon, green and yellow. I've been pairing it up with a skien of maroon and making hats. I'm on my third hat and there's enough of the mixture to make a fourth hat. The unending skein.

Can't wait to show this person how many hats I made from her yarn.

I like to make simple knitted hats. It keeps my hands busy.

Well, I frogged the scarf. I missed a row and since it is a lace pattern, I could not frog back correctly, even though I spent hours trying. I finally decided it wasn't worth the aggravation. I plan to try again, but I think I will finish the slippers I started at the beginning of the year first.

Well, I frogged the scarf. I missed a row and since it is a lace pattern, I could not frog back correctly, even though I spent hours trying. I finally decided it wasn't worth the aggravation. I plan to try again, but I think I will finish the slippers I started at the beginning of the year first.
Gardener, are you familiar with a knitting lifeline? It is a loose thread run through your current row of live stitches once you know for sure what you've done below it is correct. Then you knit on. If you make a mistake after that then you can rip back to the lifeline which catches the stitches from going back any further. I ALWAYS use them if knitting lace. Lace usually is done in several-rows-to-a pattern and I will often leapfrog two lifelines one after the other to make sure the sections below are OK

The slippers are cute.

OTN (OMG...):

1) Foliage Hat from Knitty.com in Crystal Palace's "Iceland," Sandstorm colorway. I took a class on this pattern in July using DPNs but didn't have a 5-needle set. You *need* a 5-needle set. I ended up raveling the yarn and starting the thing again last week using Magic Loop with a 47" circular. I'm almost done with the first iteration of Chart #2. :clap

2) Another hat from another July class, same instructor, is waiting for my attention... Yellow Cascade 220 (100% wool).

3) Summer Flies Shawl from Ravelry, but also available via the link. This one is in Frog Tree's "Alpaca Lace" in teal with 6/0 beads, although I'll be using about half as many as the pattern wants; I can't stand the idea of my hair catching in the beads on the upper back. Took this class in (?) October more for the theory than anything else, and it has sat while I finished a Fair Isle (teal & white Stitch Nation "Full o' Sheep") hat from a November class (same instructor as the July hat classes) and started...

4) The Aeolian Shawl, also from Ravelry but available through Knitty.com too, as a KAL from the same instructor who gave the class on Summer Flies. Madelinetosh Tosh Lace (a definite splurge, not purchased at discount except for the 15% class supplies discount) in "Afternoon," a peach color. Same story w/the beads: using far fewer than the pattern would like. The shawl features nupps, just like...

5) One of the scarves from Knitted Lace of Estonia by Nancy Bush (Lily of the Field pattern), in red Panda silk from Crystal Palace. Many, many nupps here!

6) The Haruni Shawl from Ravelry is ready to go; there will be a KAL by the "lace shawl" instructor beginning Leap Year Day. This one will be in Lorna's Laces "Shepherd's Sock," Hawaii colorway. The pattern is free from Ravelry; KnitPicks *may* be charging for it (I can't tell from my Internet search results for sure).

7) A sweater for long-waiting DH from Knits Men Want, by Bruce Weinstein. This sweater is a V-neck with acres of st st from Chapter 2, "Basic Pullover and Vest" (illustrating the principle that "Men Resist Change").

Lord. I hope that's everything. The needle sizes for these projects range from #3 (Estonian scarf) to #10.5 (Foliage Hat).

Having learned Magic Loop and thereby stopping the "need" for different lengths of needles (no, thx, didn't want interchangeables) in its tracks, there are now some sizes where I have only one or maybe two circulars (although many straights). This means I can't start projects as freely as I did, which explains the recent hat finishes: each finish frees up a set of circulars! Or maybe a real bonus: DPNs *plus* circulars!

DCM

who still has not recommenced knitted socks after the August debacle...

You like lace, don't you DCM? I like it in theory but never want to actually wear it except in small touches. It can be fun to do, though, if not too hard a pattern. Can't wait to see all these finished up!

Archived