What's on your needles right now?

CLLinda

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gardner love your Christmas Scarf I am going to try making that one too. I have made three scaves using a new stitch I taught myself on number four right now. I have many new patterns for knitting going to make. I trying to learn new stitch and new item while I am knitting. Burned out right now from crocheting but I have wips that I will get back to needed new deversion to feel creative again.

Carla, good luck with that sweater. i wish I thought that I could finish a sweater! There are so many great knit sweater patterns out there.

Thanks CraftyZone. I really like how the scarf is turning out. The pattern would make a nice shawl too.

Carla, good luck with that sweater. i wish I thought that I could finish a sweater! There are so many great knit sweater patterns out there.

Thanks, Cindy. I have to admit, the only sweater I've ever knitted before was for a toddler. This, for me, well... we'll see how it goes; however I'm pleased so far. I did rip to re-start early on because I didn't like the fabric I was getting — too stiff — and went up a needle size. It's better now and coming on. It's a neck-down raglan so the stitch count grows very rapidly. I have to remember that all those stitches represent the front, back, and both sleeves on the same needle and that's why the row will be getting so long!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody!

I finished my sister's afghan and a baby blanket for her to give her friend.

I was asked by one of my friends to make a baby afghan for her friend who is having a baby in February. I am making the leafy baby blanket from Ravelry. I am using Plymouth Homespun yarn in a variegated fiber that is coming out really neat!

Today another friend asked me if I would make her twin granddaughters each a winter scarf. So I went out at lunch and picked up some Plymouth DK in lavender, cream and a pretty variegated. Seeking out patterns now for those.

I'm busier than I expected to be!!!

Hope you are all having fun, too!

I finished the Christmas lace scarf and am currently working on a baby jacket. This is all garter stitch and uses short rows for shaping. I started it with the yarn and needle sizes called for and it would have just barely fit a small doll. So I am now making it with WW yarn and size 6 needles and it looks like it might fit a 6 month old. the other thing about the pattern is that the sleeves are way too small for any normal sized baby, even with the heavier yarn and larger needles, so I ended up doing more rows on the sleeves.

Here is a baby jacket that I finished last week. The idea is similar to the famous baby surprise jacket pattern by Elizabeth Zimmerman, but it is knitted in a different direction. It was also a very easy knit, garter stitch with increases and decreases for shaping.

post-6189-135897787143_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just started knitting a baby afghan for my friend's niece who is having her first baby in 2013. It's fun because the design has diamonds and some RT's (right twists) that give a pretty look like a cable (without using a cable needle).

I got a pattern by Jean Greenhowe that is donuts with little people or ducks in the middle called Donut Delights.

I have the donut done, I am working on the icening. I keep looking at my crochet hook.:hook

Those are cute. I have a Jean Greenhowe designed scarecrow doll that my mom made the year before she passed away.. My mom had purchased some more of her patterns but got sick before she could make them. I have the patterns but they are beyond my knitting skills. Hopefully someday......

They are positively ADORABLE! :manyheart Can't wait to see YOURS! :c9

I got a pattern by Jean Greenhowe that is donuts with little people or ducks in the middle called Donut Delights.

I have the donut done, I am working on the icening. I keep looking at my crochet hook.:hook

Well, I needed yarn:heehee, light weight yarn, so I ordered it from Herrschner's. They just shipped it yesterday, so when that comes in I will be making the princess for the donut. In the mean time I have put in a size 5 baby doll with a crocheted dress. This will go on my table for January Birthdays.

This is a fun and easy pattern. It does use a size 2 needle for the donut.:knit

post-105-135897795201_thumb.jpg

Here's what I am working on...I just learned how to knit a bobble, and made this swatch - it's two pattern repeats from the Regina Scarf...(a free pattern found here: http://smariek.blogspot.com/2007/12/regina.html)

[ATTACH]61595[/ATTACH]

As you can see, I've pulled it off my needles - I'm going to start it over with a different border.

[ATTACH]61596[/ATTACH]

Wow, that's gorgeous!!!

,___,

[O.o]

/)__)

-"--"- Good Morning..................

Well... I just have a simple dishcloth on my needles right now..........

post-18634-135897795587_thumb.jpg

Finished this scarf while on vacation.....

post-18634-135897795584_thumb.jpg

and made this dishcloth in the car on our travel home.

post-18634-135897795581_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Doing a simple scarf here.... my first actual pattern. I would love to learn the cables and bobbles soon. One step at a time I guess..lol..

,___,

[O.o]

/)__)

-"--"- Good Morning..................

Well... I just have a simple dishcloth on my needles right now..........

[ATTACH]61609[/ATTACH]

Finished this scarf while on vacation.....

[ATTACH]61608[/ATTACH]

and made this dishcloth in the car on our travel home.

[ATTACH]61607[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Very nice! I got a book of knitted dishcloths that don't look too horribly hard. Once I finish my (crocheted) afghan I think I'll try one!

I'm being wild and crazy and combining two patterns. I've made the Hourglass Sweater before, and while I like the waist shaping, I'm not mad about the funky 70's sleeves and the square neck -- so, I'm doing the pattern until I get to the sleeves, then I'm going to do the sleeves normally (still using that hourglass pattern technique where you knit, purl a row, then sew up the hem when you're done). THEN, I'm going to do the Elizabeth Zimmerman Set-in Sleeve technique, where you knit set-in sleeves in the round. I haven't decided yet if I want a V-neck or a normal neck.

:knit

Archived