What's on your needles right now?

CLLinda

That is beautiful!!

Thank you. I am doing it in a hand painted silk. It feels amazing...I hoe to post pics tomrrow. Not that I have a lot done. I just had to frog 60 rows. There was a mistake waaay back and the more I looked at it the worse it seemed to me, so I started it over. :blush

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have any of you tried the Knitters Pride Cubics needles? They are wood they have a super point and they are square. It makes for easier holding of the needles.

I was wondering about them! I think I might have to give them a try. :)

Hmmmm... I don't have anything on my needles right now. I finished part of my niece's bridal shower gift. I knitted a spa and bath set (wash cloth, headband and soap sack). Of course I got carried away and had to make her homemade fragranced bath salts, a lavender sachet (I had a lot of buds harvested from my plants!), along with some homemade soaps that I am now waiting to harden. I hope she likes them. I'm also excited because I haven't seen her in 10+ years! It's going to be a lovely day.

:sun

Gosh darn it!... I forgot to take a picture of the spa set that I made for my niece's bridal shower that was this past weekend.

Anyway, last night I started an afghan for my sister. I purchased KnitPick's Brava yarn. My sister picked the color "wine". The pattern I'm doing is from Leisure Art's Big Book of Quick Knit Afghans and is called "Dainty".

In between I may try to fit in some dishcloths. My mom and sister-in-law both love the knitted ones.

:manyheart

Hey, all. I have been knitting for some time, but still qualify as a beginner - I always get frustrated and put it down because I can't knit nearly as well as I can crochet. Right now I am working on a "Boa scarf". It's one of those fur yarns that I can't crochet with, thus the knitting. I do that occasionally - I see a project that just can't be done in crochet, and take out the needles. Frustrating, but I hope to get better over time.

I finished a dishcloth this morning and have a Sockhead Hat nearly done. There is a little mistake which I need to tink back and then I should finish in only a few minutes, I'm so near the end. After that I'm just winding yarn for the Ravellenic Games starting later this month. I plan (hope) to knit Welsh Country Stockings in the same colorway this lady shows on her blog, chocolate brown and creamy white, only I will try to make knee socks of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on socks lately. I put the shawl aside while I try to decide if I like the color I have chosen or not. Hubby likes wool socks for winter at work. It has been way to hot here to work on anything big here. So socks it is. If I can find my old camera I will take a picture of the pair that I finished.

I found it!!! Here they are....

post-19553-135897769894_thumb.jpg

I so admire anyone who can knit socks. I am just not coordinated enough to keep track of more than two needles!

Today I frogged a shawl and a scarf that I just didn't like much, and started on another scarf for my DD, the pattern is Christmas Lace and it is really easy. Just a two row repeat.

Just FYI, Chia Goo needles.

I can't show you what's on my needles, because it might be for a swap here on the 'ville if I can get it done on time, but I can show you the Project Linus blanket I just finished, after 3 months of working on it. I love it, despite a few mistakes in the cabling. Caron One Pound, azure (2 skeins).

post-186-135897769963_thumb.jpg

I can't show you what's on my needles, because it might be for a swap here on the 'ville if I can get it done on time, but I can show you the Project Linus blanket I just finished, after 3 months of working on it. I love it, despite a few mistakes in the cabling. Caron One Pund, azure (2 skeins).

Very pretty blanket. I just could not remember how to spell the name of the needles.

Cindy,

There is a lady at my LYS that does socks on a very shory cabled needle and loves it! The needles are made by Choo Gooo (sp). It might be worth a try for you.

Thanks, will have to see if I can figure that out.

I can't show you what's on my needles, because it might be for a swap here on the 'ville if I can get it done on time, but I can show you the Project Linus blanket I just finished, after 3 months of working on it. I love it, despite a few mistakes in the cabling. Caron One Pund, azure (2 skeins).

Thanks for the clarification.

Your blanket is beautiful!

It's GORGEOUS!!!!! :cheer:manyheart

Thanks, all. I'm really delighted with that blanket, and SweetPea65 gave me some yarn that will make an awesome cabled blanket, but I need a break from cabling for a bit. :P

I happened to have the Chia Goo website bookmarked because I keep hearing good things about these needles, but my budget is tight so I prefer to spurge on yarn than needles. But, maybe someday....

I finished another sock last night. I am not a big fan of the color. It has more brown in it than I would like, so I am going to relly have to push myself to finish (or even start) the second one.

I'm about 1/5 of the way through the afghan I'm knitting for my sister. It's coming out pretty good. It's done with 2 strands and size 17 needles, so my hands ache a bit more than they normally do when I knit. When it gets too bad, I set it aside and knit dishcloths on size 7's for a little break. ;)

I do have to find some premie size knit baby blanket patterns. I'd love to work some in to what I send to NICU. If anyone has any ideas, please send me pattern links or direction. Thanks so much!!! :manyheart

OOh, one of my favorite baby blanket patterns is: http://wishingiwasknitting.blogspot.com/2007/04/just-my-size.html because if I remember correctly, this basketweave is reversible (but maybe not). If not, this basketweave is the reversible one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-blocks-2 (it's from one of the Debbie Macomber pattern books, which my library has, so you can check if yours does so you can get the pattern).

I also really like Tender Wraps III here: http://www.kraemeryarns.com/patterns/ It's very easy to do and you can adjust it to any size you want.

Have fun! Patty

I finally finished my sweater for the county fair. It is done on size 13 needles and chunky yarn. The projects get dropped off on Monday, and then I will see how I did on Wednesday. I can't wait!

:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

I finished another pair of socks and am working on the third pair now. This time I am keeping track of all the rows I do so I can be sure that I have the exact same size when they come off the needles. I will take a picture of the socks I finished as soon as I find the memory card for the camera.... (gotta love kids)

Takin' a break from my sister's afghan. I'm waiting for my grandma to call tonite. I'm working on a dishcloth for my mom. I'm using KnitPicks "Dishie" cotton, and it is a DREAM to work with. And the stitch definition is awesome!

I am so happy I finally got my new needles in the mail today. I ordered a set of signature DPN's I love them. They are very sharp and make it so easy to knit 2 together.

Here are the socks I finished a couple nights ago ( If I got the picture off my phone right)....

post-19553-135897772322_thumb.jpg

Wooo Hooo it worked!!!!!

On my used needles I just picked up from the thrift store today for $1.00 is stuck on tape just bought them a few hours ago..:O) I will fix this issue and then start on learning to KNIT so I can teach my dd who wants to learn to KNIT..I must learn first to explain/teach her as she doesn't understand written/video directions.. I have taught her to crochet and she has been whipping up /dishcloths/scarves/hats/fingerless gloves like crazy but she is bored with these things and wants to try Knitting (who knew) I planned to try out the CROKNIT but I guess I am going to learn to knit first LOL..:eek:think Like I don't have enough to do with all my crochet projects I am working on..

Archived