What's on your needles right now?

CLLinda

I'm working on a sweater for me! Got to do about 10 rows on it while I sat at the dealership yesterday, in their lovely lounge.

:manyheart

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have finished another pair of socks, which I'm not sure I ever mentioned starting. This pair really pleases me because I got them done faster than I ever have finished a pair before. Could it be that learning how to do heels, gussets, and toe Kitchenering, so that I don't spend a lot of time dreading it and trying to refresh myself on how to do it all over again, really does make it go faster? :lol

Ravelry Public Link (anybody can see this one)

I have finished another pair of socks, which I'm not sure I ever mentioned starting. This pair really pleases me because I got them done faster than I ever have finished a pair before. Could it be that learning how to do heels, gussets, and toe Kitchenering, so that I don't spend a lot of time dreading it and trying to refresh myself on how to do it all over again, really does make it go faster? :lol

I really like those!

I like those!! I am working on a pair of socks also, (only working in the ten stitch sometimes) Trying to learn dpns and knitting with 2 circulars. eventually want to do cables, but I am just not there yet, lol.

Working on the yoke of my sweater. It's turning out really good. I'm dog sitting tomorrow, so I should get some time to knit tomorrow.

I like those!! I am working on a pair of socks also, (only working in the ten stitch sometimes) Trying to learn dpns and knitting with 2 circulars. eventually want to do cables, but I am just not there yet, lol.
I don't understand "ten stitch". :think

I have found my gauge to be tighter on DPNs than circs. I finally learned to go up a needle size when making hats and needing DPNs for the crown decreases. That way my gauge stays the same.

I finished the yoke part on my sweater. Now, I'm working on the bottom, which gets pretty boring. No more shaping. Just knit a row, purl a row.

I don't understand "ten stitch". :think

I have found my gauge to be tighter on DPNs than circs. I finally learned to go up a needle size when making hats and needing DPNs for the crown decreases. That way my gauge stays the same.

well they way I typed it it doesn't make sense, lol I meant I am only working on the ten stitch blanket sometimes. It is a new pattern, that I don't fully understand I think, so I tend to wander off to other things and then come back to it lol

OK, I've started another pair of socks. This is sounding repetitous. (Why is spell check telling me "repetitious" is wrong? This is how the dictionary spells it.) I am participating in a group with sock KALs every two months and am using this opportunity to learn socks better. My goal is to be able to knit one off without checking directions. We'll see if I achieve it, LOL.

The link is for my Rav project page. I just started the socks yesterday. Cable Clock Socks (Ravelry link available to the public)

Carla, you must be a speedy knitter, you are certainly knitting those socks quickly!

Actually, no. I'm not particularly fast but I had arthroscopic surgery two-weeks ago yesterday which turned out to be more involved than either I or my doctor had hoped. I've been off my feet a lot and will be for a while. This gives me extra knitting time. I will say, however, that I'm getting faster on the socks with practice, so it's a combination of factors.

Actually, no. I'm not particularly fast but I had arthroscopic surgery two-weeks ago yesterday which turned out to be more involved than either I or my doctor had hoped. I've been off my feet a lot and will be for a while. This gives me extra knitting time. I will say, however, that I'm getting faster on the socks with practice, so it's a combination of factors.

Surgery can be rough, but at least you have something to keep yourself busy while you recover. I hope you are on a quick road to recovery and that you enjoy your extra knitting time.

A few years back, I had knee surgery, and while I was laid up, I crocheted hats. I made about 20 in the two weeks I was on the couch. So it's good to have something to do while you recover.

Oh, and I'm still working on my sweater. Should get a lot of time on Tuesday when I take my husband in to get his hernia fixed. I'm bringing a big bag of WIP's to work on.

How is your husband, Linda! I hope he's doing well?

He's doing very well. I'm keeping him on his meds, and he's moving a little slower, but he's doing fine. Thanks for asking.:)

I didn't work on my sweater. I used up a whole skein of ILTY on a baby blanket that I'm crocheting for his golf outing.

I finished the socks which were on the needles (see Other Crafts thread if you want to) and am swatching for the next pair. In addition to learning socks in general my other current goal is to get familiar with fancier cables. Today I started a swatch is in Caron Simply Soft merely to try to get that cable chart worked out before I cast on with the pretty sock yarn. The CSS is fighting me though — too splitty for work like this.

I put down my sweater for a while and have been knitting a barbie dress on the little tiny needles. It's fun, but it takes so long to knit when using size 2 needles.

I put down my sweater for a while and have been knitting a barbie dress on the little tiny needles. It's fun, but it takes so long to knit when using size 2 needles.

I know what you mean, currently working on socks..pattern calls for size 1 or 2, but I am choosing to use size 3, and it's still taking quite a bit of time. Does not help that I have frogged them a couple of times due to errors that I coulldn't fix. Or the fact that socks are new for me, lol. I have given up dps in favor of magic loop knitting and that is working better for me.:)

The dress is finished and on Barbie. Now I'm making a stole, to go with it.

Using a size 7 -12 inch circular on that one.

It's a little easier.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to knit myself a slouchy summer hat but I get scared and don't do it.

Isn't it funny how patterns can be scary? I'll be reading them over, and if I see one term or something that I don't know, I put it aside. Probably if I tried it, I could figure it out.

Isn't it funny how patterns can be scary? I'll be reading them over, and if I see one term or something that I don't know, I put it aside. Probably if I tried it, I could figure it out.

A lot of time things which make no sense just reading them become clear with needles in hand. I think it's odd, too.

I'm finishing off a Drops design b16-9 baby blanket made from 4 skeins of rose RHSS sweetpea65 gave me a couple of year ago. I really like this design, it's modern, but easy, and you can vary the width of the seed stitch border to whatever you want (I made mine 21 stitches wide).

I want to knit myself a slouchy summer hat but I get scared and don't do it.

I totally understand that. I was intimidated by dpns, so for quite some time I had the yarn, the needles and the pattern, but it just sat waiting for me to do something with it. I finally made a doily style dish cloth, and my first attempt at a sock. Then I found pattern for magic loops socks and socks using two circulars. I just finished my first sock with the magic loop....it looks more like a christmas stocking, but that's okay...I am learning.:lol. I have decided that I liked working with the magic loop more than the dpns. I also found that I prefer wood dpns to metal, much to easy to lose stitches on metal needles.

I totally understand that. I was intimidated by dpns, so for quite some time I had the yarn, the needles and the pattern, but it just sat waiting for me to do something with it. I finally made a doily style dish cloth, and my first attempt at a sock. Then I found pattern for magic loops socks and socks using two circulars. I just finished my first sock with the magic loop....it looks more like a christmas stocking, but that's okay...I am learning.:lol. I have decided that I liked working with the magic loop more than the dpns. I also found that I prefer wood dpns to metal, much to easy to lose stitches on metal needles.

I have sworn off metal needles! I got so frustrated dropping my needle and watching it come out of every single stitch! I think that was the main reason it was so hard for me to learn. I still have my metal needles but I have been slowly growing a collection of wooden. Mostly circulars.

Archived