What's on your needles right now?

CLLinda

You like lace, don't you DCM? I like it in theory but never want to actually wear it except in small touches. It can be fun to do, though, if not too hard a pattern. Can't wait to see all these finished up!

This is the current goal: to become as good in knitted lace as I am in crocheted lace. Admittedly, crochet has a very BIG head start! :) But, yes, I want my skill in lace-making for each discipline to be equal; defined as, no pattern too intimidating to at least be *considered* for working. I do have some physical limitations (hands, thread work) that eliminate some possibilities in both fields, but it's the technical equality I'm looking for.

Well done! Ya found me out! :lol

DCM

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never done cables in either form. I am just on a hat kick at the moment. I did however just learn how to work from a grid pattern. I don't know why I was so scared to try it. Then again I only used 2 colors and made a skull pattern around a hat. It is a start though to bigger and better things.

My daughter has caught the knitting bug now. She is learning how to make her own scarf to match the hat I made for her.

I'm going to start the christening gown that was in the new magazine that came yesterday. They have changed the name of the magazine from Knitting today to something else and I don't remember what. But the dress is so cute, and I plan on making a little pink ruffle on the bottom, just to add my own personal touch. It should be very pretty when finished.

:manyheart

Linda W., a christening gown sounds beautiful, (but probably too much for me at this point)

I finished the dishcloth and am back to working on the slippers. The first one is nearly done. Hopefully I can make a second one to match.

I started back on Hermione's Everyday Socks, a Rav download. I started these in either August or September but put them away, started back and put them away again to do Christmas knitting. If I will get to them instead playing on the computer I should be able to divide stitches for the heel flap without too much more work. ;)

The pink ruffle is done on the Christening gown. Now I'm starting on the white part.

It's going to take me a while to get this project completed.

Hi! :waving I just found this area of the 'Ville. I'm not only new to this group, but I am VERY new to knitting. I just learned how to knit and purl last month. I made a few dishcloths and then decided to jump in and make a baby blanket. It incorporates knit, purl, yarn overs, and knit or purl two stitches together. I got about 25% done and made a mistake. :eek What was I thinking? :think I hope my LYS can help fix it. (I think I should have spent some time making mistakes and learning from them, I guess. :blush )

Well, I look forward to reading through this forum and getting caught up with you all! Have a great night!:)

At the moment I am making a bright yellow scarf in all knit stitch. I've just returned to knitting after quite a few years of "ignoring" it...LOL. Wasn't all that great at it the first time around so this time I am working on projects that will help me improve each kind of stitch and combo. Maybe I won't end up with so many holes this way....rolling eyes.

Don't have many stitchers around here (either crochet or knitting). Sure would appreciate having an LYS close at hand....sigh.

I ended up frogging the Hermione's Everyday Socks I was making because once past the heel I realized they were way too big. They fit over my husband's foot and leg! :eek Since then I've cast on a plain sock in a plain yarn. I call them Just Plain Socks and am about 1½" past this picture. They're made with plain ribbing to make them snug up at my ankles, especially. I do hope they fit.

My Bratty 14yo son wants a blanket with "no holes" and he thinks crochet is too holey for him. So since i have just learned to knit last weekend I am making him a sampler blanket...He and i picked out a bunch of picture dishcloths. These will be matched with stitch practice squares so i can learn different stitches.I am going to try and border each with crochet and then sew the He has decided that i can pick the colors so it is going to be as random as he is and i can use stash yarn. He has ADHD and tends to "jump around" physically and verbally so we call him random boy. First dishcloth square is on the needles and about half way done. as soon as i have it finished i wil post pictures and the link. it is a simple knit and purl combo pattern no graph but row by row stitch count. I am hoping to learn graph knitting because he would love to have the back of his band sweatshirt on one square.

My Bratty 14yo son wants a blanket with "no holes" and he thinks crochet is too holey for him. So since i have just learned to knit last weekend I am making him a sampler blanket...He and i picked out a bunch of picture dishcloths. These will be matched with stitch practice squares so i can learn different stitches.I am going to try and border each with crochet and then sew the He has decided that i can pick the colors so it is going to be as random as he is and i can use stash yarn. He has ADHD and tends to "jump around" physically and verbally so we call him random boy. First dishcloth square is on the needles and about half way done. as soon as i have it finished i wil post pictures and the link. it is a simple knit and purl combo pattern no graph but row by row stitch count. I am hoping to learn graph knitting because he would love to have the back of his band sweatshirt on one square.

I love your idea for a blanket for him! :cheer And I bet in no time you'll be doing graphs so you can add his school logo/emblem to the ghan.

I'm now finishing up a premie-baby blanket. Just a simple knit/purl. It's really small and is intended for the babies that have to be in incubators. I have 2 regular-size baby blankets started that are on hold because I have mistakes in them. One I think I can now fix myself (because it's just knit/purl stitches). The other I fear I'm not ready to tackle because it involves yarn overs and k2 or p2 togethers. :think

Anyway, it's all fun! I'm learning as I go. Good luck with your projects! :)

On one set, it's a hat. I'm using a grey color yarn, with a sock yarn in multi colors. It's turning out so pretty.

And then on my size 9 signature needles, I'm making a baby sweater for the fair.

I'm busy keeping those needles going, that's for sure.

Right now I am knitting myself a winter coat. Nothing spectacular,I just hate my coats I have now and don't really like the coats in stores.

I am still working on a blanket for my niece,plus soon to be making baby things for my sisters photography studio.

I still have a few wips laying around here somewhere but they are currently on hold.

I am starting a sweater for myself. And working on a dolly dress, and two hats. They are all on different needles, and all in their own bags. If I need a project to go, I have quite an assortment to choose from.:)

Valerie, that looks interesting to knit. I am probably too slow to knit a blanket though. (It would take me years!)

This one also looks interesting and so does this one. Sounds like a similar technique is used for these. the same designer also has a "10 stitch" triangle shawl pattern.

I see lots of interesting patterns from the designer, lol. I am too slow to knit a blanket, but I am trying to do more with my knitting than dishcloths and scarfs.. I thought about the shawl also.

Archived