What's on your needles right now?

CLLinda

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I haven't been here for a while and am amazed at the projects.

I have picked up the needles again and I am making a knitted bumble bee bear.

I had gotten the calendar for this one year, and decided to buy the book it is called Knitted Bears All dressed up.  There are 20 patterns.  They also have it in a kindle version.  The best part is that they are not knitted in the round.  They are not very large.

When I am done, I will post.

I am knitting these for teacher gifts. They cover hand sanitizer or hand soap.

I saw these cut covers, and had to go look for the pattern.  I found them on Ravelry.  They are a great project for beginners.  I noticed she also has a pattern for a turtle.

post-105-0-31699500-1406210990_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-19098400-1406211000_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just happened to pop in after not being here for some time. All your projects are so great.

I tried my hand again at a dishcloth these two days past and I'm still not even getting the knit stitch. Nope. Not even for a simple little dishcloth. Of all the crafts I have learned through the years, knitting has eluded me to the point of frustration. And that's a looooong time!

I've tried both styles and I'm most comfortable with the Continental style, but, it's still not coming together. Sigh- maybe someday, I haven't given up yet. At my rate the only way I'll get to knit is like this.

ReniC  Thank you for the laugh I love it.  You with knitting is me with plastic canvas.  I try, but it never looks right.

Apak, I love that scarf.  It is just beautiful.

Mary Jo- Glad you had a chuckle. The cartoon was so me when I saw it. Guess many have a craft nemesis lurking in their past.

I tried practicing again last night for a few hours and got through Row 2, but, the first and last stich are so big they look like I used a big tree branch instead of knit needles. The tension on the rest is better (not really- just trying to psych myself up LOL) so onward to more and more practice.

I also watched a great video on Jimmy Beans Wool' site and the demo on holding the needles is great. She also says it takes at least 3 weeks of practice to get anywhere. A good source to refer back to.

Hope yours and everyone's knitting days (and crochet) go as smooth as silk.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anna I love the hat and crawl and your daughter always looks happy to model for you.

Now if you all remember the beehives I made.  Well someone asked me if I thought about changing the pattern for other holidays.  Say Halloween, Thanksgiving or even Christmas.  I said no, but it kept nagging me in my head.  So this is what I came up with.  I have made 2 each of each style.  One for the liquid hand soap and one for the hand sanitizer.

post-105-0-88179200-1412614984_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-34584500-1412615010_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have been busy trying to help my bf with building a room around the hottub, so not much time playing with my yarn.  I have finished a couple things.  I think I have been doing more knitting than crochet lately.  Recently I have learned to knit in the round, alot of grrrrr moments, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.  And I have been practicing my 2x2 rib.  Not my favorite.  I learned the magic loop method, and the double point needle.  Found out I'm not a big fan of double points.   Love the magic loop.  And I would be totally lost and irritated without youtube.  It saved my sanity. LOL!  Now what I made.  The first is a pattern by Susan Claudino called Voodoo you love me! I use Cascade Bollicine Holiday, color S5.  Love this little guy, so easy to understand.  And for slow me it was a quick project.  The second is a pattern by Jessica Bolof called Easy Neckwarmer Headband. I used Bernat Denim style color 03134.   And it was very easy, I cast on fewer stitches than the pattern called for, I wanted it to fit like a turtle neck sweater.  Both patterns can be found on Ravelry .  Voodoo you love me is a paid pattern,  and the easy neckwarmer headband is a free pattern.  

post-10186-0-88118900-1413918380_thumb.jpg

post-10186-0-46775800-1413918423_thumb.jpg

Anna I love the hat and crawl and your daughter always looks happy to model for you.

Now if you all remember the beehives I made.  Well someone asked me if I thought about changing the pattern for other holidays.  Say Halloween, Thanksgiving or even Christmas.  I said no, but it kept nagging me in my head.  So this is what I came up with.  I have made 2 each of each style.  One for the liquid hand soap and one for the hand sanitizer.

attachicon.gifbottle covers 001.jpgattachicon.gifbottle covers 003.jpg

Those are great. You are very creative.

I have been busy trying to help my bf with building a room around the hottub, so not much time playing with my yarn.  I have finished a couple things.  I think I have been doing more knitting than crochet lately.  Recently I have learned to knit in the round, alot of grrrrr moments, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.  And I have been practicing my 2x2 rib.  Not my favorite.  I learned the magic loop method, and the double point needle.  Found out I'm not a big fan of double points.   Love the magic loop.  And I would be totally lost and irritated without youtube.  It saved my sanity. LOL!  Now what I made.  The first is a pattern by Susan Claudino called Voodoo you love me! I use Cascade Bollicine Holiday, color S5.  Love this little guy, so easy to understand.  And for slow me it was a quick project.  The second is a pattern by Jessica Bolof called Easy Neckwarmer Headband. I used Bernat Denim style color 03134.   And it was very easy, I cast on fewer stitches than the pattern called for, I wanted it to fit like a turtle neck sweater.  Both patterns can be found on Ravelry .  Voodoo you love me is a paid pattern,  and the easy neckwarmer headband is a free pattern.  

attachicon.gifvoodoo doll.jpg

attachicon.gifcowl.jpg

Nice projects.

Archived