What's on your needles right now?

CLLinda

Here are my knit items I have done so far.  The washclothes were my first projects. The chunky dropstitch scarf was my third, I just love it!  2nd pic  The pink and yellow dropstitch I am still working on its slow going but I am half done.  The slippers I just finished this morning.  They were so easy knit flat then sewn together and they fit perfect.  

post-10186-0-95789300-1390488873_thumb.jpg

post-10186-0-01014500-1390488905_thumb.jpg

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to see it :)

I got beautiful yarn and wanted to make a dress for my DD. But when I tried it I decided crocheted dress won't be soft and lacy enough. So I decided to knitt.

There was only one problem: I never knitted anything! (I don't count the mini pillow and blanket for one of the smallest dolls :D )

So I had to train first and I made the hat. My very first knitted candy hat :lol

Yarn: Madame Tricote "Sweet baby"

Needles no. 4

attachicon.gifcandy hat 1.jpg

Nice hat and really cute model. That yarn is really pretty.

Here are my knit items I have done so far.  The washclothes were my first projects. The chunky dropstitch scarf was my third, I just love it!  2nd pic  The pink and yellow dropstitch I am still working on its slow going but I am half done.  The slippers I just finished this morning.  They were so easy knit flat then sewn together and they fit perfect.  

Very nice projects. The yarn in that pink and yellow drop stitch scarf really fits that pattern well.

I've knit a few drop stitch scarves like that one. Mi like how fast they grow.

Look what I just finished--Anna's Shoulder Wrap in LB Amazing, vineyard. I totally love it. I had originally made the large size, with a cast on of 80 stitches, but it was way too large, so I started over with the standard 70 stitch CO, and that was much better (I'm a woman's medium, about size 10). It's given me the confidence to start a real knit sweater with sleeves.

. So pretty. Love the colors in the yarn you chose.

Look what I just finished--Anna's Shoulder Wrap in LB Amazing, vineyard. I totally love it. I had originally made the large size, with a cast on of 80 stitches, but it was way too large, so I started over with the standard 70 stitch CO, and that was much better (I'm a woman's medium, about size 10). It's given me the confidence to start a real knit sweater with sleeves.

. So pretty. Love the colors in the yarn you chose.

I've just learned to knit thanksgiving of last year.  Not knitted much.  I made two dishclothes , I started a dropstitch scarf, going slow using baby yarn.  Made another drop stitch scarf in chunky yarn.  Now I'm doing a pair of slippers.  They are made flat and sewn together.  I haven't got enough peace and quiet lately to try to knit in the round.  Thats next on my list. My BF's mom gave me a pattern for an mobius scarf, with a funky way to start it.  You double your cord and cast on around both cords and somehow when you knit the stitches it will have the twist already in it.  Go figure!!  I think I need a little more practice before I plunge into that one.  I will post pics of what I have done as soon as I get the pics took and downloaded on my laptop. 

Knitting in the round is on my list of things to try as well. I bought a beginners mitten knitting book a year ago, but it wasn't beginner enough for me, and my mittens had a gap where I joined. I now know what I was doing wrong, so one of these days, I will try again.

Yesterday I finished my "misty lace scarf" so now I'm back to working on my "one row lace scarf". I'm a very slow knitter and can't quite fathom why I chose to knit something out of lace weight yarn, but that's what I'm using.

Actually, I do know why. Mast year, we were on vacation and I noticed a woman wearing a beautiful hand knit scarf. I liked it so much that decided to make myself one. Well, here it is, a year later, and I'm still knitting that same scarf.

Thanks everyone, I ordered a set of dpns from the internet,not thinking of the length I ordered 5"   Might be good for baby socks.  Now I have to order some 7", thats what my friend told me would be a good size for socks.  I seen some good instructional videos for the tough areas of socks at verypink.   Gonna do some research and watch some more videos until I feel comfortable trying socks.

LaVonneK, you did pretty things! I like the drop stitch scarf very much... Although I have no idea how to make this stitch yet ;)  I hope to learn soon. But first I want to make the dress using the same yarn as for the hat.

Today I finished a hat for my son. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

Thank you everybody for your comments on my first knitted hat! :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

LaVonneK, excellent job on everything! I love the pink and yellow in the drop stitch scarf! I don't typically like yellows much but that's a very pretty shade and works so well with the pink! 

Apak, here's a really good video on drop stitch, which is also called sea foam stitch. It's a lot easier to do than it looks! 

They all look great! I'm dying to try a pair of slippers...

Here is my second knitted hat - this one is for my son :) I was inspired by one of Polish ski jumper's hat (his name is Piotr Żyła). I changed the colours a bit and I lined the hat.

post-30828-0-60539600-1390581353_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I knit this hat last week using a really simple pattern. It is knit flat, using short rows and then sewed together. Bulky yarn, with size 8 needles made an adult sized hat with only 5 repeats of the pattern. I used a stitch marker to avoid the need to count and could easily work on this while watching tv. Pattern is here:

http://tiajudy.com/gartercaps.htm

post-6189-0-12425400-1391446824_thumb.jpg

I knit this hat last week using a really simple pattern. It is knit flat, using short rows and then sewed together. Bulky yarn, with size 8 needles made an adult sized hat with only 5 repeats of the pattern. I used a stitch marker to avoid the need to count and could easily work on this while watching tv. Pattern is here:

http://tiajudy.com/gartercaps.htm

I like it! - I'm interested to try that type of hat construction (I've seen other hats made that way too), but am hesitant since my kitchener stitch skills are seriously lacking...what kind of yarn did you use? It looks very comfy!

I like it! - I'm interested to try that type of hat construction (I've seen other hats made that way too), but am hesitant since my kitchener stitch skills are seriously lacking...what kind of yarn did you use? It looks very comfy!

Thanks. The yarn is Red Heart Shetland Chunky. It is a discontinued yarn. It was in my mothers stash.

I carefully whip stitched the hat together. It took a bit of trial and error to figure out which loops to go through to make it look good on the outside. You can't really see where I sewed it together from the right side.

• 1 month later...

This is what i have accomplished so far, I made another pair of slippers with a magic ball.  Love these, and I found a dishcloth pattern i love. this is knitted flat then joined and the middle drawn together.

post-10186-0-96707200-1394830863_thumb.jpgpost-10186-0-37308700-1394831269_thumb.jpg

The dishclothes are round, the pic got distorted somehow

Archived