What's on your needles right now?

CLLinda

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I adapted this shawl pattern to make a scarf. I'm a little anxious about the dropped stitch and unravelling part, but I'm curious to see how it works.

http://knit-fish.blogspot.com/2008/12/sunday-market-shawl.html

I started it today, and already have about two feet finished. Supposedly it stretches in length as well as in width when you make the "ladders".

• 1 month later...

I finished the scarf I posted about above. It was about 5 feet ong when I quit knitting. After dropping the stitches it stretched to about 7 feet. At first it looked like the scarf in the picture, but as it sits, it's looking more and more like a loosely knit garter stitch scarf. It still looks good, and has a great drape, but it's not the look I was hoping for.

I went out and bought some hand painted fingering weight yarn, and I'm using it to knit this scarf:

http://turvid.blogspot.com/2009/03/free-pattern-one-row-lace-scarf.html

• 2 weeks later...

Great projects!!!!

Love what I've seen. I started a rather ambitious project- a knitted baby blanket http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunny-baby-blanket

I've got 30 rows done- and it's slow going- but so far, so good! It'll take a while since I also crochet in between. I'm in no hurry and am enjoying the process of knitting!

• 2 weeks later...

Mary Jo the bears and dolls are all so cute. I have yet to make anything like that at all. Are they done flat because I cannot knit in the round yet.

Yes the bears and dolls are done straight.  I can knit in the round, but I don't really like it.  I keep sticking myself with the needles. 

I actually got the bears first from this years kitchen calender, which is all bears in different outfits, then I bought the book.

If you are asking about the doll with the donut, yes they are also mae straight, not in the rounds.

I am glad everyone liked them.

imanurse55 that is one very cute baby blanket, I can not wait to see it done.

• 3 weeks later...

A black vest, tie, two afghans, sweater, 5 pairs of socks on 3 needles and that is just my knitting projects. Crochet is another story as well as other needlework projects. Variety is the spice of life!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a couple projects going at the moment: an entrelac purse, an entrelac cowl, a sweater, and a shawl that I am test knitting for the designer (who happens to be my sister) and I am kind of in love with it. I didn't intend to finish it, I was only going to make sure her pattern was error free and made sense. But once i got a few rows in I decided I am definitely going to finish it! It is lovely and unique and I cannot wait for her to be ready to publish the pattern so I can show it off.  :knit

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished this easy stole, made with just 1 skein of Lion Brand Sock Ease in lollipop. Wore it to church Saturday night--I love it. I want to make another in a neutral, because it would look very nice with a suit.

That is beautiful!

Just finished this easy stole, made with just 1 skein of Lion Brand Sock Ease in lollipop. Wore it to church Saturday night--I love it. I want to make another in a neutral, because it would look very nice with a suit.

This is so pretty!!

I have about 60 rows done on the knitted blanket and it's been languishing in the WIP pile since July. I stopped to make a crocheted blanket for my GS 2nd birthday and then finished a ripple baby blanket. I've got 2 scarves on my needles as well...

I had a very busy summer of working very long hours and I'm looking forward to having some more time to crochet and knit.

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸   

Right now......... I have a pair of slippers on my needles!

Love that blanket Joanne!   The pattern is real similar to that one dishcloth pattern of mine!  :D

What color are you making it?

:heart

:mug

• 1 month later...

Look what I just finished--Anna's Shoulder Wrap in LB Amazing, vineyard. I totally love it. I had originally made the large size, with a cast on of 80 stitches, but it was way too large, so I started over with the standard 70 stitch CO, and that was much better (I'm a woman's medium, about size 10). It's given me the confidence to start a real knit sweater with sleeves.

post-186-0-02520300-1382633596_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

My blanket is still languishing in the wip pile but I did make a knitted basket weave scarf for my DH. Started a cable scarf recently I'm on my iPad now but when I'm on the laptop I'll post a pic of the basket weave scarf.

My blanket is still languishing in the wip pile but I did make a knitted basket weave scarf for my DH. Started a cable scarf recently I'm on my iPad now but when I'm on the laptop I'll post a pic of the basket weave scarf.

I can't wait to see it :)

I got beautiful yarn and wanted to make a dress for my DD. But when I tried it I decided crocheted dress won't be soft and lacy enough. So I decided to knitt.

There was only one problem: I never knitted anything! (I don't count the mini pillow and blanket for one of the smallest dolls :D )

So I had to train first and I made the hat. My very first knitted candy hat :lol

Yarn: Madame Tricote "Sweet baby"

Needles no. 4

post-30828-0-20529600-1389540641_thumb.jpg

I've been trying to use up some stash yarn. A neighbor gave me 9 balls of LB PolarSpun in blue, so I'm knitting the second of two garter stitch blankets. Not much else you can do with this boucle-type yarn--it just hides all stitch patterns. But it's light as a feather and nice and cosy warm on my lap. Too bad they discontinued this yarn.

I can't wait to see it :)

I got beautiful yarn and wanted to make a dress for my DD. But when I tried it I decided crocheted dress won't be soft and lacy enough. So I decided to knitt.

There was only one problem: I never knitted anything! (I don't count the mini pillow and blanket for one of the smallest dolls :D )

So I had to train first and I made the hat. My very first knitted candy hat :lol

Needles no. 4

attachicon.gifcandy hat 1.jpg

That is just adorable.  I love the way the color flows thru the hat.

I am making a cable stitch hat and scarf for my SIL.  The hat is done the scarf is moving slow.

Apak>I got beautiful yarn and wanted to make a dress for my DD. But when I tried it I decided crocheted dress won't be soft and lacy enough. So I decided to knitt.

Needles no. 4

What pretty colors in the yarn.   You did amazing for a first time knitting and your model is totally adorable! :clap

I've just learned to knit thanksgiving of last year.  Not knitted much.  I made two dishclothes , I started a dropstitch scarf, going slow using baby yarn.  Made another drop stitch scarf in chunky yarn.  Now I'm doing a pair of slippers.  They are made flat and sewn together.  I haven't got enough peace and quiet lately to try to knit in the round.  Thats next on my list. My BF's mom gave me a pattern for an mobius scarf, with a funky way to start it.  You double your cord and cast on around both cords and somehow when you knit the stitches it will have the twist already in it.  Go figure!!  I think I need a little more practice before I plunge into that one.  I will post pics of what I have done as soon as I get the pics took and downloaded on my laptop. 

Archived