CLLinda

What's on your needles right now?

Took a lacy dishcloth pattern and converted it to a scarf pattern using aqua and chocolate colors. It's proving to be fun and quirky.

Wow! Everyone's working on such awesome projects!... I'm still working on the baby blanket for my friend's niece. I made a mistake on it and the nice lady at my LYS fixed it for me. She spent over an hour on it! Needless to say, I am now very very careful of my knitting, and how tired I am while doing it. :blush

I just finished this cowl (my 2nd finished knitted item) and have a sweater/vest sort of thing on the needles now, lol.

Very nice cowl, is it knitted in the round? I know how to knit in the round, but all those needles get in my way. MY niece told me there is a way to knit in the round using one circular needle.

Here's what I am working on...I just learned how to knit a bobble, and made this swatch - it's two pattern repeats from the Regina Scarf...(a free pattern found here: http://smariek.blogspot.com/2007/12/regina.html)

[ATTACH]61595[/ATTACH]

As you can see, I've pulled it off my needles - I'm going to start it over with a different border.

[ATTACH]61596[/ATTACH]

That is a pretty design. What color are you going to do it in?

,___,

[O.o]

/)__)

-"--"- Good Morning..................

Well... I just have a simple dishcloth on my needles right now..........

[ATTACH]61609[/ATTACH]

Finished this scarf while on vacation.....

[ATTACH]61608[/ATTACH]

and made this dishcloth in the car on our travel home.

[ATTACH]61607[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Nice work, I have some half knit dishcloths like your half finished one somewhere. Mine never turn out square though. They are find to use, but look odd.

I have an Elegant comfort shawl, http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60392-K.html?noImages=

and a Warm Waffles Baby Blanket on my needles right now,

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/warm-waffles-baby-blanket

Nice patterns.

I'm still working on a sideways baby sweater. Its nearly finished.

I started knitting last month for the first time since I finished a scarf when I was eight. I finished my first pair of socks(using four double pointed needles)a few weeks ago and I'm SO excited :D Right now I'm working on my second pair for my sister. :) I never knew knitting could be so much fun!

I just finished this little bear. It is an easy pattern done is lightweight (3)yarn or size 3 thread.

It is a somewhat beginners pattern and thought you all might like to see it. She is a Ballerina

post-105-135897796664_thumb.jpg

I saw this pattern in a calendar I bought for this year. It is a different bear each month, then I found the pattern book.

Knitted bears

I am back to making 18" doll clothes...one of my two nieces has a birthday the second week of Feb so i am working on her gift in case i can't travel to VT for her party i can either mail it or send it with Grammy and Grampy as soon as it is finished i will be on my way to sewing squares together for my step-daughter's college bound afghan

I started knitting last month for the first time since I finished a scarf when I was eight. I finished my first pair of socks(using four double pointed needles)a few weeks ago and I'm SO excited :D Right now I'm working on my second pair for my sister. :) I never knew knitting could be so much fun!

Great job on the socks. I have been knitting for 5 years and haven't attempted to use 4 needles at a time yet. I started crocheting when i was 7 and made my first Afghan (granny Square).

I guess since i have been crocheting for many many years before i taught myself to knit,I am used to working with 1 hook and now 2 knitting needles.

Keep up the great work....Jeanie

I finally got my yarn and was able to finish the donut and pal. The donut is vanilla with lemon icening and inside is the Party Princess. She has a shocking pink dress and the balloon. How cool is that, she gets her very own donut.:knit

This is a fun pattern.:cheer

post-105-135897797019_thumb.jpg

post-105-135897796748_thumb.jpg

post-105-135897796751_thumb.jpg

I finally got my yarn and was able to finish the donut and pal. The donut is vanilla with lemon icening and inside is the Party Princess. She has a shocking pink dress and the balloon. How cool is that, she gets her very own donut.:knit

This is a fun pattern.:cheer

[ATTACH]61833[/ATTACH] - [ATTACH]61834[/ATTACH] - [ATTACH]61835[/ATTACH]

How cute!!

right now there is nothing on knitting needles-waiting for Kim's class to begin.

on my tunisian crochet hook is 'hotpad' from

Tunisian round the Home

I don't get it!!! I thought it's the thread for BEGINNER knitters!!!! What I can see here is definitely not beginner.... :)))))

I love the knitted bear, Mary Jo - and the calendar looks great too!

TCarra's blanket is breath-taking....

Ok, I'm totally beginner, I learnt to knit (or to hold the needles) when I was a teenager - and never got back to it. Now I'm training.... training... training.... just the simplest rows (I'm sooo slow!!!!).

But this way some very little doll got a very small pillow and a blankie :lol

Ok the bear and the princess with the donut ARE beginners patterns.  They are simpler then they look.

TCarra, I love the blanket, it is just beautiful.

Thanks Anna & MaryJo!... MaryJo the ballerina bear and dolly in the donut is just TOO CUTE!!!!

And Anna... I am a beginner. I've got lots to learn in the way of stitches... and I'm working hard trying different techniques to improve my cast on (which tends to be loose). :sigh I like to make dish cloths for family and friends (and me!), especially if I can find one with an unfamilar stitch. This way I can learn the new stitch and not have a ton of time invested. :fluffy

Edited by TCarra

I have another bear on my needles.  This is from diffrent book than the last one.

I can't wait to see it!

Hmmm.scratch that. Using round needle for the first time and 10 rows in Ijust realized Itwisted it somehow! Back to my washcloth

I just finished knitting a pair of these.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B53Qt4tPM1ouQ3FsV3dwSzNMUFU/preview

They are pretty tiny though. I'm not sure they will even fit a newborn. However, my dd is due any day now, so I will be able to try them on a newborn.

These are really simple to knit.

Edited by Gardener