What's on your needles right now?

CLLinda

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Everyone's working on such awesome projects!... I'm still working on the baby blanket for my friend's niece. I made a mistake on it and the nice lady at my LYS fixed it for me. She spent over an hour on it! Needless to say, I am now very very careful of my knitting, and how tired I am while doing it. :blush

I just finished this cowl (my 2nd finished knitted item) and have a sweater/vest sort of thing on the needles now, lol.

Very nice cowl, is it knitted in the round? I know how to knit in the round, but all those needles get in my way. MY niece told me there is a way to knit in the round using one circular needle.

Here's what I am working on...I just learned how to knit a bobble, and made this swatch - it's two pattern repeats from the Regina Scarf...(a free pattern found here: http://smariek.blogspot.com/2007/12/regina.html)

[ATTACH]61595[/ATTACH]

As you can see, I've pulled it off my needles - I'm going to start it over with a different border.

[ATTACH]61596[/ATTACH]

That is a pretty design. What color are you going to do it in?

,___,

[O.o]

/)__)

-"--"- Good Morning..................

Well... I just have a simple dishcloth on my needles right now..........

[ATTACH]61609[/ATTACH]

Finished this scarf while on vacation.....

[ATTACH]61608[/ATTACH]

and made this dishcloth in the car on our travel home.

[ATTACH]61607[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

Nice work, I have some half knit dishcloths like your half finished one somewhere. Mine never turn out square though. They are find to use, but look odd.

I have an Elegant comfort shawl, http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60392-K.html?noImages=

and a Warm Waffles Baby Blanket on my needles right now,

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/warm-waffles-baby-blanket

Nice patterns.

I'm still working on a sideways baby sweater. Its nearly finished.

I started knitting last month for the first time since I finished a scarf when I was eight. I finished my first pair of socks(using four double pointed needles)a few weeks ago and I'm SO excited :D Right now I'm working on my second pair for my sister. :) I never knew knitting could be so much fun!

I just finished this little bear. It is an easy pattern done is lightweight (3)yarn or size 3 thread.

It is a somewhat beginners pattern and thought you all might like to see it. She is a Ballerina

post-105-135897796664_thumb.jpg

I saw this pattern in a calendar I bought for this year. It is a different bear each month, then I found the pattern book.

Knitted bears

I am back to making 18" doll clothes...one of my two nieces has a birthday the second week of Feb so i am working on her gift in case i can't travel to VT for her party i can either mail it or send it with Grammy and Grampy as soon as it is finished i will be on my way to sewing squares together for my step-daughter's college bound afghan

I started knitting last month for the first time since I finished a scarf when I was eight. I finished my first pair of socks(using four double pointed needles)a few weeks ago and I'm SO excited :D Right now I'm working on my second pair for my sister. :) I never knew knitting could be so much fun!

Great job on the socks. I have been knitting for 5 years and haven't attempted to use 4 needles at a time yet. I started crocheting when i was 7 and made my first Afghan (granny Square).

I guess since i have been crocheting for many many years before i taught myself to knit,I am used to working with 1 hook and now 2 knitting needles.

Keep up the great work....Jeanie

I finally got my yarn and was able to finish the donut and pal. The donut is vanilla with lemon icening and inside is the Party Princess. She has a shocking pink dress and the balloon. How cool is that, she gets her very own donut.:knit

This is a fun pattern.:cheer

post-105-135897797019_thumb.jpg

post-105-135897796748_thumb.jpg

post-105-135897796751_thumb.jpg

I finally got my yarn and was able to finish the donut and pal. The donut is vanilla with lemon icening and inside is the Party Princess. She has a shocking pink dress and the balloon. How cool is that, she gets her very own donut.:knit

This is a fun pattern.:cheer

[ATTACH]61833[/ATTACH] - [ATTACH]61834[/ATTACH] - [ATTACH]61835[/ATTACH]

How cute!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I started this lovely scarf pattern by Anne Hanson. I found the most beautiful yarn, too. It is Kraemer's "Sterling Silk & Silver". It's a blend of merino, silk, nylon and 2% silver. I love LOVE the delicate shimmer.

I am making this for a new friend.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/butternut-scarf

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it!!! I thought it's the thread for BEGINNER knitters!!!! What I can see here is definitely not beginner.... :)))))

I love the knitted bear, Mary Jo - and the calendar looks great too!

TCarra's blanket is breath-taking....

Ok, I'm totally beginner, I learnt to knit (or to hold the needles) when I was a teenager - and never got back to it. Now I'm training.... training... training.... just the simplest rows (I'm sooo slow!!!!).

But this way some very little doll got a very small pillow and a blankie :lol

Thanks Anna & MaryJo!... MaryJo the ballerina bear and dolly in the donut is just TOO CUTE!!!!

And Anna... I am a beginner. I've got lots to learn in the way of stitches... and I'm working hard trying different techniques to improve my cast on (which tends to be loose). :sigh I like to make dish cloths for family and friends (and me!), especially if I can find one with an unfamilar stitch. This way I can learn the new stitch and not have a ton of time invested. :fluffy

I just finished knitting a pair of these.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B53Qt4tPM1ouQ3FsV3dwSzNMUFU/preview

They are pretty tiny though. I'm not sure they will even fit a newborn. However, my dd is due any day now, so I will be able to try them on a newborn.

These are really simple to knit.

they are so sweet

Archived