Need Opinions For Those Who gave Squares for My Matching COmfortghans

minwifeof4boys

The ghans are coming along nicely, however, a week and a half ago a family very close to us lost their son in Iraq

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9871376/

Not only were they close friends of ours but also my soldier son and this has really taken a toll on all of us, bringing back memories of 2008 when my son lost another friend and almost lost his own life.

This family was with us every step of the way.

I was wondering if you would mind if I finished one ghan for the transplant recipient, and the other to give to the Elliott family since the colors are in patriotic colors.... I can make my husband a ghan when this is all over with...

Anyhow, my husbands shots start on Friday and the final harvest will come on Tuesday... The social worker at the Bone Marrow transplant center is making arrangements to have the ghan sanitized and ready when the young girl starts her transplant.

I will post pictures this weekend after I finish borders.. thank you all who have helped... and let me know your opinions for the other blanket...

:hug:hug:hug

Most certainly give the ghan to the soldiers family. It really is up to you to do whatever you feel is right. Would be glad to send more squares for another ghan. let us know:manyheart:hug

I still owe you squares; no problem distributing them as you see fit.

I also make quilts for Quilts of Valor; get in touch with them for your son. "Home of the Brave" honors our fallen military by remembering them with quilts to their surviving immediate family (parents or spouse); let the parents or spouse of the recently fallen soldier know about "Home of the Brave." I'm so sorry.

Please remind me (and any others who are making squares for "you"): size? colors?

Thank *you* for this opportunity to serve selfless people like your husband and the fallen.

DCM

How's your son doing?

If I could count on being able to get to the post office I'd send some squares. Let me know how many of what you need and I'll try to get them sent. I still have to apologize to a lot of people because squares I thought were on the way to them never made it to the post office.

Lea, sending prayers for your family and your Lucas' family. I guess I missed your other post so if you need squares please let me know color and size and I will get a couple out to you.:hug

Please give your son my deepest gratitude for his service.

By all means Lea please feel free to use my squares in any way you see fit. Also please let me know if you need anymore for you husband's ghan, I'm more than happy to send you more.

Prayers for all family members going thru this trying time. God bless you all.

Andi :ghug

Archived