ufocollector

Doll Bassinet/Purse

Question

My Great Grandma made me one when I was little. It was a purse with a dish soap bottom half and crocheted top half. The top half folded down to make a baby bassinet w/hood. Inside was a tiny plastic doll in a crocheted bunting. I would love to try to make these for my twin great nieces.

Thanks for any help finding the pattern.

12 answers to this question

I have thought of those many times but have never seen a pattern for one. Hmmm I will keep my eye out for you.

These are the free pattern links I have listed on my blog:

Scroll Down to Cradle Purses

maybe the link was there somewhere..but I didn't find it. I love the idea of these purses

maybe the link was there somewhere..but I didn't find it. I love the idea of these purses

I should have been more clear. I have the links listed for places you can find the cradle purses. This page on my blog has a variety of links for free doll blankets patterns, pillows, and the Cradle purses. I just checked the page using this link and they are there. If you scroll down the page there is a bold heading that says Cradle Purses. Under that heading are links to find patterns for Cradle purses.

Edited by Bailey4

Thanks soo much. There are a couple of them that look like the one i had. Only difference is the bottom. I will try one of these. Hopefully for Christmas. But if not then the girls' bday in May.

yes that is like the one i had. Mine also had a crocheted bunting but I think that was on one of the other links provided. So I can use a combo of patterns. This is great.

there are also several patterns for cradle purses to be found vi acrochetpatterncentral.com...most do not have the plastic liner that the soap bottle would provide, but there are several ideas there for you.

HTH

Thanks. I've never seen one in fabric before. I moght try this one.