Hi everyone! This weekend I entered 10 items in my county fair! I had entered 3 years ago and haven't since....so, last night was the opening night...I had to go check out the "competition"! LOL!

Some of the items I entered are:

My Moorish Mosaic afghan:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=116786

My South Bay shawlette:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=119078

Hexagon bag:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=119077

Gumdrop Roulette afghan:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113551

Also, Snowflake pillow, Chroma striped scarf and Cabled mittens posted on my Ravelry page:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/smokeyp81

I also entered 2 pair of knitted socks and a hexagon baby blanket that I strangely don't have pictures of! Will have to take care of that after the fair!

These get judged on Wednesday. I won't be back to fair until Friday...will keep everyone posted!

I love that moorish mosaic pattern (knowing full well I'd never have the patience to make one)--rooting for that one, especially, to win a well-deserved prize. Your hexagon bags are beautiful, too--prize or no prize, everyone who sees them will be green with envy.

Beautiful work. I wish we had local fairs like that here. I love seeing hand made work.

Wow those look awesome!! I hope you win :) What fair is it? I live in Erie... I went to my first county fair last year at the Crawford County Fair and I loved seeing all the crocheted/knitted items and quilts :)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Jillkap, it's the Oneida County Fair in Boonville, NY...we are about 1 1/2 northeast of Syracuse.

Your Moorish Mosaic afghan is gorgeous - as is the South Bay Shawlette. I'm thinking you will be going home with some ribbons. Lovely work!

beautiful work, I'm sure you'll be going home with some ribbons

Hi everyone.....just wanted to update...I won 10 blue ribbons for my work!!!! And a grand total of $60! The entry fee was $6 lol!

I am so glad I entered this year. Last year I didn't, and the turn out for crochet was dismal....not that it wasn't nice items....just not much.

Off to see what I can buy with my winnings!

Hi everyone.....just wanted to update...I won 10 blue ribbons for my work!!!! And a grand total of $60! The entry fee was $6 lol!

I am so glad I entered this year. Last year I didn't, and the turn out for crochet was dismal....not that it wasn't nice items....just not much.

Congratulations!!!:clap:clap:clap Have fun on your spending spree (I'm thinking some more yarn????):lol

Congratulations! That's a wonderful thing to win 10 blue ribbons.

My fair starts tomorrow. I'll let you know how I did on my 13 projects.

:manyheart

How fun!! Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm sure you deserved it!:cheer

congrats...

and $60? :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Congratulations!

Good for you. I knew those items would be winners! Have fun with your loot! I'll bet you're buying yarn

Your work/art is beautiful. Am so glad you won!

Congratulations! And nothing like a cash prize to make it that much better... have fun with your earnings, for that is what they are!

How awesome is that! :cheer

I took a peek through your Ravelry "craft room" and you have some super projects in there. I love both of the Moorish Mosaic afghans you did and the Chroma scarf striped perfectly! Really, everything looks great. TFS-:hook

Thank you all for your nice comments....It was a blast getting recognized for all my work! I urge all of you to enter your local fairs....It is such an ego booster!

Still deciding what to spend my winnings on....I'm sure it will be crochet/knit related!

Thanks again everyone!

Congrats! 10 entries and 10 blue ribbons! WOW! That is quite a great job! I looked at your Ravelry page though and you have beautiful projects to choose from. :) Enjoy your winnings -- more yarn?