not understanding this row-- HELP!!!!

i'mhooked

Question

:thinkI am making the lemondrops layatte set designed by Sheila Leslie in the 123 skein crochet book edited by Judy Crow. I am making the sweater currently. I have finished the body which was a v-stitch/shell pattern for like the first 16 rows, then you begin the right yoke, which is basically sc for rows 17-31, I got all of that fine. But, then row 32 says to repeat row 4 which was the pattern row of the body of v-stitch in the shell below and shell in the v-stitch below. It makes no sense-- the picture does not show the pattern picking back up in the yoke. So I thought maybe it meant repeat row 4 of the yoke but that wouldnt work because it says to work 20 sc and I dont have 20 sc anymore since rows 28-31 had me decreasing. Does anyone have this book, or pattern that they can help me. I noticed the same thing when you make the left yoke. If you need me to add pics i am happy to do so when i get home from work...

I am making this for my sisters baby due soon! I reallly appreciate any help you can give me!!!:hug

8 answers to this question

I don't have the book, but maybe you can look at the publisher's website to see whether any errata have been published? Sometimes publishers put up errors and corrections to their patterns on their websites.

Good luck!

DCM

I don't have the book (I personally don't like DRG publications because they don't give much visual info) and I can't find an online photo of the completed sweater.

But here's what it sounds like to me: If as you say, the photo does show the "row 4" v stitch pattern in the yoke, then I think I would work that row. Just do the same thing as that row, but you are doing it over a different # of stitches.

By any chance is there a schematic of the size of each piece of the sweater? As long as you get the measurements right, it should fit the baby, and that's the important thing:)

If as you say, the photo does show the "row 4" v stitch pattern in the yoke, then I think I would work that row. Just do the same thing as that row, but you are doing it over a different # of stitches.

/QUOTE]

The yoke does not pick up the v stitch pattern it just appears to be all sc... I will try to upload a pic later today. Unfortunately no schematics were included... I may just have to wing it....

If as you say' date=' the photo [u']does[/u] show the "row 4" v stitch pattern in the yoke, then I think I would work that row. Just do the same thing as that row, but you are doing it over a different # of stitches.

/QUOTE]

The yoke does not pick up the v stitch pattern it just appears to be all sc... I will try to upload a pic later today. Unfortunately no schematics were included... I may just have to wing it....

OK, you posted that it does show the pattern, but somehow I thought that might be a typo and you meant to say it does not. :) Well, hmmmm...are you pretty close to the end of the yoke? The closer you are, the easier it will be to wing it. Do be sure you have read all the info at the beginning and end of the pattern, and for that matter at the front and back of the book, some important stuff can be hidden away in those places.

Good news! :)

"Errata" is the publishing term for errors found *after* something has been distributed to the public. The publisher puts them on the website as they're discovered so that others don't have to struggle like the first people who find the errors struggled. At least, *good* publishers do!

DCM

Good news! :)

"Errata" is the publishing term for errors found *after* something has been distributed to the public. The publisher puts them on the website as they're discovered so that others don't have to struggle like the first people who find the errors struggled. At least, *good* publishers do!

DCM

Indeed they do! I have a list of reasons why I don't care much for DRG publications; not publicizing the known errors will go on the list. :grump

There was an error' date=' I contacted the publisher and since there wasnt erratta (??) i emailed them and they responded... Now, I can finish, YEA!!![/quote']

I'm glad you got your answer:hook If you wanted to post what the error and correction were, then that info will be here to help the next person:)

Archived