Elle

Shawl Giveaway! - WINNER SELECTED!!!

:blush I don't like geography clues...I wish I would have studied geography harder in high school! :blinkI have no idea how far I am from you or even what direction I am...kinda sad, isn't it?

:blush I don't like geography clues...I wish I would have studied geography harder in high school! :blinkI have no idea how far I am from you or even what direction I am...kinda sad, isn't it?

I map-quested from my house to south texas :lol

OK, everyone, I am trying to think of another clue to keep you guessing for a while. Unfortunately, the shawl will not be shipped until Wednesday when I go to town. I had been counting on DH to go to the post office for me yesterday (Monday), but he rides a bicycle because of his vision being so bad and not being able to get a driver's license, and he started his last round of chemo pills on Thursday last and they are kickin' his BUTT!! The poor guy has been so sick all weekend and Monday, he still offered to go for me and I told him he was out of his mind! He can't go an hour without having to run for the bathroom, there was no WAY I was going to let him ride a bicycle in this heat to go mail the package. I figured it's only pushing it back two days, I ask for the winner's understanding in this situation.

Now, I have what I think is a GREAT clue, but the thing is, I have a feeling a lot of people might guess who it is if I post it, so I will wait until Wednesday after I mail it and THEN I will post that clue. At least that way, if the cat gets out of the bag, the winner won't have but another day or two to wait! LOL! Also, to the winner, I hope you enjoy the other little things in the package. :hug

OK, everyone, I am trying to think of another clue to keep you guessing for a while. Unfortunately, the shawl will not be shipped until Wednesday when I go to town. I had been counting on DH to go to the post office for me yesterday (Monday), but he rides a bicycle because of his vision being so bad and not being able to get a driver's license, and he started his last round of chemo pills on Thursday last and they are kickin' his BUTT!! The poor guy has been so sick all weekend and Monday, he still offered to go for me and I told him he was out of his mind! He can't go an hour without having to run for the bathroom, there was no WAY I was going to let him ride a bicycle in this heat to go mail the package. I figured it's only pushing it back two days, I ask for the winner's understanding in this situation.

Now, I have what I think is a GREAT clue, but the thing is, I have a feeling a lot of people might guess who it is if I post it, so I will wait until Wednesday after I mail it and THEN I will post that clue. At least that way, if the cat gets out of the bag, the winner won't have but another day or two to wait! LOL! Also, to the winner, I hope you enjoy the other little things in the package. :hug

oh dear i am sorry about your hubby not doing o well.

his wellbeing is far more important than getting a shawl in the post and i am sure who ever the winner is they will understand

i hope he i feeling better soon

Hugs and prayers for your DH and you! :hug You hubby's health is the most important thing. I'm sure the winner will understand. :hug

Hi Elle

I agree with grannyannie, your hubby's health is the most important thing,

I hope he's getting better,

Best to you

Salma

Family and health always takes priority. Take care of you and yours. The shawl will always be warm and pretty no matter when it gets mailed.

Prayers for you and dh.

Your hubby's welfare is way more important that getting the shawl in the mail. Please take care of him and yourself. I am sure the winner will understand.

I know how it is with the chemo. My father had colon cancer and when he had his chemo he was really run down. And just like your DH he was still wanting to get up and do everything for everyone. We had to constantly keep him from doing too much.

Lots of hugs for you and your entire family.

We all understand about waiting to mail it out.

Hi everyone! I think DH has FINALLY gotten a handle on this latest round of treatments, so I am planning on the shawl going out at the end of this week. It will be mailed on Friday afternoon.

Since it has been a week since the winner was picked, however, I will give one last clue now, and if anyone can figure it out from the clue, PM me with the response. IF and ONLY IF someone gets the correct response, I will reveal the name of the winner so that you don't have to wait any longer to see who it is!

OK, the latest clue is this:

"Quick, Sybil, run the stairs up, and look the window out, and watch the soldiers march the street down!" :devil

Hi everyone! I think DH has FINALLY gotten a handle on this latest round of treatments, so I am planning on the shawl going out at the end of this week. It will be mailed on Friday afternoon.

Since it has been a week since the winner was picked, however, I will give one last clue now, and if anyone can figure it out from the clue, PM me with the response. IF and ONLY IF someone gets the correct response, I will reveal the name of the winner so that you don't have to wait any longer to see who it is!

OK, the latest clue is this:

"Quick, Sybil, run the stairs up, and look the window out, and watch the soldiers march the street down!" :devil

Elle, I'm so glad that DH is feeling some better! I've been thinking of you both and keeping you in my prayers. Now, as for your clue....:think, not a clue! :lol

Happy that things are brighter for you...

Oh Boy, that line makes me think of a line from a book, and currently I can only recall 4 (in my limited memory) that had a character named Sybil. And none of them indicate a location I can identify, so I am lost....

I think I will follow Mary Jo's lead and just sit back and watch, :lol.