Crochetville's YouTube Channel! What Do You Want to See?

Amy

Donna and I are making plans to add a number of crochet video tutorials to our YouTube channel over the next several weeks.

Please check out our channel and become a subscriber.

During July 27-31, I'll be posting video coverage of CGOA's Chain Link crochet conference in Minneapolis, MN. Hopefully, you'll get to see a snippet of a class or two, some of the fabulous things on the show floor, and quick mini-interviews with a number of designers and CGOA members.

Following that, we'll start to upload some beginning crochet tutorials.

We'll eventually post more advanced tutorials.

We'd love to know what you'd like to see on our channel. Post your ideas here, and we'll do our best to create what you need. Remember, though, due to copyright issues, we can't provide tutorials for specific copyrighted patterns (unless we get permission from the copyright owner).

If you have posted an original pattern on Crochetville, and would like us to create a video tutorial on how to make it, just let us know!

Wow- Wonderful! I look forward to seeing what you videoed at the conference since I was not able to make it as planned.

I would love to see tutorials on stitches that are not used frequently such as Antique stitches; Paris st, Raspberry st., etc. These may help the beginner fiber artists comprehend how easy some can be and help us ol' fuddy-duddies too, for when we forget. :D

Okay, I've uploaded 4 sample videos, just to give everyone a taste of what we'll be doing.

1. The chain stitch
  2. SC into the top loop of a chain
  3. SC into the top loop and back bar of a chain
  4. SC into the back bar of a chain

We will be refining the video and editing techniques as we proceed, but I thought you might like a little sneak peek.

Just FYI, the videos were recorded and put together on my new iPad 2! I love that thing!

I am a subscriber under the name gramasugar. I would like to change my name to

TallGirl but it is probably taken and I don't know how to do that.

Just subscribed. Had to use the name craftyone123 there; craftyone wasn't available.

Looking foward to seeing the videos from the conference and seeing what else you come up with.

I've uploaded a very quick tutorial for the front post double crochet stitch. It's left-handed, since I'm left-handed.

To get the right-handed version, I have to convert the .mov file from the ipad to .avi, which I've done. I now have a right-handed version, but it in the wrong file format. To get it back on the iPad to be able to work with it, I have to convert the .avi back to .mov.

I am a subscriber under the name gramasugar. I would like to change my name to

TallGirl but it is probably taken and I don't know how to do that.

I don't know how or even if it's possible to change names over on YouTube. They might let you set up a second account; not sure on what their policies are on that.

I subscribed but not my ville name because I already had an account. I think the site looks good and I watched one of the videos and it looked good. I think I'd like the popcorn and cluster. I always mixed them up and I'd like to see how they are really suppose to be done.

I subscribed but not my ville name because I already had an account. I think the site looks good and I watched one of the videos and it looked good. I think I'd like the popcorn and cluster. I always mixed them up and I'd like to see how they are really suppose to be done.

Great idea Pat!!! I'd like to see those two stitches too!!

I subscribed- using my ville name imanurse55!

That was quick! We're already up to 18 subscribers.

I'm hoping we'll get even more once we start posting Chain Link videos.

While I"ve been crocheting for about 30 years, I still can be reduced to tears by the thought of FBDC or BPDC. I"d love to see a video incorporating those stitches in a pattern.

I've uploaded the videos demonstrating the FPDC in both left- and right-handed versions.

Not sure what you mean by a pattern. Do you mean using the stitches to make cables? Or a video showing how to make an entire pattern (like a scarf)?

Hello!

I don't want to sound rude, but I was just wondering if members can have videos on the Crochetville channel. If so, I think it would be neat to see a collage of short videos from members introducing themselves. Nothing long, just a way for people to see some of the members... Like I said earlier, I'm not trying to offend anyone with my idea. If it's a bad idea that's fine. Thanks for reading!

Hello!

I don't want to sound rude, but I was just wondering if members can have videos on the Crochetville channel. If so, I think it would be neat to see a collage of short videos from members introducing themselves. Nothing long, just a way for people to see some of the members... Like I said earlier, I'm not trying to offend anyone with my idea. If it's a bad idea that's fine. Thanks for reading!

For that to work, people would have to send their videos to us for us to upload. We can't give others access to upload to our channel for security reasons.

Right now, we want to keep the focus of our channel on crochet tutorials or coverage of crochet events.

But we can think about this in the future.

For now, people can just upload their own videos to their own YouTube accounts and post a link to them here. Assuming they meet our site guidelines for content (like no profanity, "adult" conversation, etc.).

This is great. I love to look up things that I "forget" :blush how to do on YouTube.

I'm jealous...I really want an iPad. I'll have to figure out how to fit that into my budget.

All of the ideas I have for tutorials are very complicated and time consuming, usually to much for YouTube vids. I still would like to see someone teach how to make a garment (such as a cardigan) someday, at least a breakdown of the process. Shaping clothes/making arm holes and such is the most confusing idea I've ever seen. Sorry. I kinda seem like a big lack of help in this department. I'm just glad the 'ville has a channel so thank you for making it.

I've uploaded the videos demonstrating the FPDC in both left- and right-handed versions.

Not sure what you mean by a pattern. Do you mean using the stitches to make cables? Or a video showing how to make an entire pattern (like a scarf)?

Amy I think she is just plain intimidated by they stitches themselves!

I know I am intimidated at even the idea of making any kind of article of clothing other than some loose fitting sweater with not a lot of shape :)

I subscribed. I'm KnitMama247 there (same as on Ravelry~couldn't do the w/a for Mom w/a Motif... ). I can't really think of anything I would want to see.. I just like seeing people from Crochetville. :) If any of these events come close to where I live, maybe I'll get to go someday. :D

Archived