Inspiration to Wear -18" doll image intense PDF added

darski

Inspiration to Wear… 18” doll :pinterest

PDF is here:Inspirationtowear.pdf

this outfit was inspired by a lapghan I was making using these yarns.

post-4896-135897677893_thumb.jpg

post-4896-1358976779_thumb.jpg

Bernat Baby Bouclé yarn in green.

WW yarn in Rose and white.

6.mm, 5.5mm and 5.mm hooks

3 elastic waistbands

Trims if you want to use them

DNBO = Do Not Break Off.

This pattern would be difficult for a child to get onto the doll. Just sying…

Cowl neck pullover

post-4896-135897677908_thumb.jpg

With baby boucle and 6.mm hook… ch 40 and join.

Note: I left a goodly tail so I could use a bead trim… just in case you want to do the same.

For the purposes of this pattern it is assumed that your starting point is the right-hand side of the top as worn.

Row 1-3: dc evenly around. (40 dc)

Row 4: dc in 4, dc dec, dc in 8, dc dec, dc to end. 2 dec made (38 dc) …at this point I put a marker on the back to keep myself oriented for the rest of the pattern.

Rows 5-8: dc evenly around.

You are now going to work the back and front pieces separately for 2 rows.

For the back work evenly over 18 dc and break off after 2 rows. Att yarn in front stitch…

For the front work evenly over 20 sts for 1 row and then work 1 dec near each end. (18 dc @ 2nd row. Ch 1 and turn.

Begin cowl.

Work a sc into the dc you just finished, *ch1, sk1, sc in next* repeat around including the back stitches as you work to re-connect the parts. You will have to work a sc into the last sts against the pattern.(sleeve holes formed) ch1 and join to beg. Sc.

The cowl is made using a dc/ch1 mesh where ea dc is put into the stitch (sc or dc) from below. However on the first row you should work some sc/ch mesh stitches and you should also increase by 5 stitches randomly by working extra into ch1 spaces.

Continue for as many rows as you wish – I’m sorry I didn’t go high enough to cover the head- but continue to increase by a stitch or two on any given [but not all] row so you get a small gradual increase to provide that nice drape effect.

Sleeves - work around the sleeve holes in dc. end by working sc over 1.5" hair elastics.

Pants…

post-4896-135897677909_thumb.jpg

Please note that this is just my standard pants pattern repeated here. Feel free to use any other pants pattern that you might prefer.

WW yarn and 5,mm or 5.5mm hook

Legs – make 2 and do not break off after 2nd leg. All rounds are joined

Ch 18 and join to form ring…

Row 1-2: dc evenly around

Row 3: dc to last, 2dc in last

Row 4: dc evenly

Row 5: 2dc in first, dc to end.

Row 6: dc evenly.

Repeat rows 3 – 6 once. After row 10 start Torso rows

Your Torso rows begin and end at Centre Front.

T Row 1: Align the two legs and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in dc around the leg sections, Put the first dc in the same stitch as the sc join.

It might be helpful here to go to the back to Mark out your increase stitches. Put markers in the stitches that are 7 from the Centre Back join on each side.

Dc to your first marker… work [2dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 2dc] over the seven stitches, work 1 TR into the CB join, work [ ] again then continue in dc to beginning of row being sure to put stitch in sc-joined stitch on this side, join.

Row T2-T4: work evenly in dc.

Row T5: work dc but work 1 decrease on each side of back (2 decreases).

Row T6: work a row of hdc around an elastic waistband. Join. Break off and tidy all ends.

Skirt…

post-4896-135897677912_thumb.jpg

Work 44 sc over an elastic waistband…

Row 1: dc evenly around.

Row 2: increase by one dc.

Repeat these 2 rows 3 times then repeat row 1 again. 9 rows in total.

Edging: work: *2sc in 1, sk 1* repeat around. Join and break off. Tidy all ends.

I really like the fit of this skirt. I’ll use it again.

Western Top…

post-4896-135897677917_thumb.jpg

w/ 5.mm hook and WW yarn… ch 22

Row 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook, 2 dc in ea ch. (40 dc)

Row 2: dc in 4, 2dc in next 2, dc in 8, 2dc in next 2, dc in 8, 2dc in next 2, dc in 8, 2dc in next 2, dc in 4. (48dc)

Row 3: dc in 5, 2dc in next 2, dc in 10, 2dc in next 2, dc in 10, 2dc in next 2, dc in 10, 2dc in next 2, dc in 5. (56dc) Break off white and attach rose.

Row 4: split sc in 1, *ch7, split sc in next* rep to end.

Here is the instruction for split sc from Annie at the ‘Ville

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2309848&postcount=4

Work in the sc only on next row. Keep the ch7’s to the back while working.

Row 5: dc in 8, sk 12, dc in 16, sk 12, dc in 8.

Row 6: dc in 15, dc/tr in next, tr/dc in next, dc in 15.

Row 7: [dc in 3, 2dc in next] 3 times, dc in5, dc/tr in next, tr/dc in next, dc in5, [2dc in next, dc in 3] 3 times.

post-4896-135897677921_thumb.jpg

Edging… work up the left back edge in sc, work 3 sc in last st to turn corner, work [sc in next, ch 2 in ea ch along neck edge.

Western Skirt…

post-4896-135897677925_thumb.jpg

WW Yarn in 2 colours and 5.mm hook…

Join all rounds; the peak is the point formed at Centre Front. You are concerned with the 2 stitches in the middle.

Work 44 sc over elastic waistband.

Row 1: dc evenly around.

Row 2: dc in 21, dc/tr in next, tr/dc in next dc to end. Ch 1 and turn.

Row 3: hdc in ea to peak , 2 hdc in the 2 tr, hdc to end. turn

Row 4: dc to peak, dc/tr in next, tr/dc in next dc to end. Ch 1 and turn.

Row 5: rep row 3. Break off Rose and attach white.

Row 6: Work evenly in dc in back loops only…

Row 7: dc to 4 centre front sts and work, [hdc in 1, sc in 2, hdc in1] dc to end.

Row 8-10: dc evenly. At row 10 secure but DNBO white.

Row 11: Attach rose at centre front leaving a goodly tail so you can tie a bow when finished, sc evenly around and leave a goodly tail for making the bow. Break off rose….

Row 12:*sc in 1, ch 7* repeat around. Break off and tidy all ends.

post-4896-135897677933_thumb.jpg

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2011

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897677869_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897677897_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897677904_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I love this pattern, I'm currently making it for one of my dolls. However, I'm having some problems with the cowl neck sweater. The instructions for the cowl are a bit vague and I don't see any instructions for the sleeves. I'd really like to finish this, HELP!!!

Thanks... :crocheting

I love this pattern, I'm currently making it for one of my dolls. However, I'm having some problems with the cowl neck sweater. The instructions for the cowl are a bit vague and I don't see any instructions for the sleeves. I'd really like to finish this, HELP!!!

Thanks... :crocheting

I don't know any other way to say work a dc/ch1 mesh but to say just that. Maybe someone can help with that. :(

I added in the standard sleeve "dc around armholes"line... thanks for noticing that. :wlol

I admit that I hate making sleeves but I don't usually let it stop me from giving the instructions.:rofl

I don't know any other way to say work a dc/ch1 mesh but to say just that. Maybe someone can help with that. :(

I added in the standard sleeve "dc around armholes"line... thanks for noticing that. :wlol

I admit that I hate making sleeves but I don't usually let it stop me from giving the instructions.:rofl

Thanks!!

I always try to leave a reply on any pattern that I snag for my 'gotta make' list. But this morning I am running behind and trying to get everything done before my grandson gets here for the day. So this reply is a thank you for the several dolls you've got on the 'originals' board today. I love your patterns and you are so generous with sharing them for free. That's the only way I can get new patterns and I'm sure many others are in the same boat. So thanks, Darksi!

I always try to leave a reply on any pattern that I snag for my 'gotta make' list. But this morning I am running behind and trying to get everything done before my grandson gets here for the day. So this reply is a thank you for the several dolls you've got on the 'originals' board today. I love your patterns and you are so generous with sharing them for free. That's the only way I can get new patterns and I'm sure many others are in the same boat. So thanks, Darksi!

That is the most endearing thing I have received for my patterns.:manyheart I can't afford a lot of patterns either so that is one reason I want to share openly. Thanks to the generosity of the Ville and Yahoo I can share patterns at no cost to me. :wlol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Cowl neck pullover

Begin cowl.........

The cowl is made using a dc/ch1 mesh where ea dc is put into the stitch (sc or dc) from below. ....

Hello !

i like this pattern very mutch but as I'm Dutch speaking , I translate the pattern into Dutch so it is easier to follow the pattern while crocheting !

I can read and understand most of the pattern but I have problems with the abbreviations ....what do you mean with ea dc ????

dc = double crochtet , I know , but what do you mean with ea ??,

greetings from Belgium ! Big Oma Georgette

Cowl neck pullover

Begin cowl.........

The cowl is made using a dc/ch1 mesh where ea dc is put into the stitch (sc or dc) from below. ....

Hello !

i like this pattern very mutch but as I'm Dutch speaking , I translate the pattern into Dutch so it is easier to follow the pattern while crocheting !

I can read and understand most of the pattern but I have problems with the abbreviations ....what do you mean with ea dc ????

dc = double crochtet , I know , but what do you mean with ea ??,

greetings from Belgium ! Big Oma Georgette

ea is an abbreviation for each

thanks very mutch for your quick reply ! It's just what I thought it would be LOL , now I'm sure about it ! Thanks for the lovely pattern !! Georgette

You are very welcome. I loved this pattern when I was making it:manyheart

:hug

luv luv luv this pattern and thank you Darski for all your GREAT patterns... you are the only reason i am able to make clothes for my gd's doll.... thank you so much.

:blush you are too kind. Thank you for your sweet words. It makes me smile to know that little ones are getting some fun from their dolls.

I would like to know the size of the doll please ???

oh I looked again , it says 18" , could you please give us some info about the tension of the yarn used ???

greetings From Belgium !

No I'm afraid I can't. Sorry 'bout that chief :wlol

I can say that I crochet loosely but that is it.

• 2 months later...

Archived