Sign in to follow this  
crochetgirl21

Boy Blanket

Here is my baby boy blanket - I wouldn't have chosen these colors but they were in my stash and went well together. It is for my sister-in-law if she has a boy tomorrow (I have a girl blanket that I finished months ago)

Can anybody enlighten me on why the center looks scewed?

Thanks,

Lori

post-15927-13589767782_thumb.jpg

*”˜˜”*°•.¸¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸Beautiful !!!*”˜˜”*°•.¸¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸

:heart

:mug

It's gorgeous! Love the colors. It's not screwed. If you work it round and round, the center goes crooked. If you want it straight, turn the square after each round. At least that's what I was told. I like it thought! :clap

Lovely, baby won't care and if it's a girl it can have both afghans I dressed my daughter in blue as well as pink.

Well I think it is lovely anyway. Perhaps you added extra stitches in it or forgot some stitches along the way. It still looks pretty anyway!!!!!:)

It's gorgeous! Love the colors. It's not screwed. If you work it round and round, the center goes crooked. If you want it straight, turn the square after each round. At least that's what I was told. I like it thought! :clap

I agree with sopo, that's what I was told also, as the rounds and stitches do tend to lean a bit if all done the same way around, without turning. Just a thought, lovely though, perfect for a baby boy!

Very nice!

I love it and think it's perfect. The baby won't mind, it will be wrapped in warmth and love :)

Love the colors ...great to use up stash and still have something really nice !

I like the center being slighlt off.

Well - thanks for all your input - I am trying another one for a girl because of course after all that stressing to get this one done, she had a girl this morning, Maci Rayanne (both parent's middle name combined). Even though this is niece/nephew number 10, I am super excited!

One question though - Can I go opposite ways everytime I change the color or do I need to do it every round?

Thanks for your help!

Pretty!

I think it looks fine how it is! The non straightness in the middle gives it more character imo!