July Charity CAL 7/21 - 7/26

nicolep

Believe it or not, another month has come and gone. Are you all ready to work on charity items?!? :D

For new comers -

Anything handmade (crochet, knit, sew...whatever you like to do) counts towards the charity CAL. A group of us get together once a month and dedicate six days to charity. We chat about what we're making and lots of other non-craft things that pop up. At the end of the event, we post our totals in big, bold letters so we can all see how much a few people can do.

I'm in, too. I've been finishing up a bunch of things charity related in the last week, too. I've now got 12 scarves, five hats, 3 preemie afghans, & 2 preemie hats finished up and ready to go, with another preemie afghan almost finished too. And a prayer shawl with just the side wings to go. As you can see I've been in a finishing up mode lately. :lol

Cat woke me up at 4:45a insisting on breakfast. Coffee now in hand so brain beginning to function. House quiet and no other demands so picking up my hook.....

That sounds like a good start to the morning despite being woken up early by the :cat. :hook

Yarn, hook, project runway marathon....what more could I ask for? I'm feeling kinda tired today so I will be relaxing on the sofa and working on hats.

Side story...I went to Michaels yesterday with my daughter and grandkids. While my daughter looked for ribbon the grandkids and I wandered to the yarn section. My 4 year old granddaughter kept picking up yarn and saying, "Nana, this is sooooo pretty, pet it, it's soooooo soft." :lol

Hey Linda, can you swing by my house and finish up a few things I have started? I'm hopeless.

You know I am in. Word has gone out to a few of the other adoption center lead volunteers and the mats are in high demand. Since you said at the start that ANY charity stuff counts, I'll show you a cat bed I have been sewing. I can't get the hang of the stuffed tube around a circle kind, and this idea literally came to me in a dream. Not sure if I have shown these here before...

post-13802-135897679373_thumb.jpg

I recently got a giant bag of yarn donated to me by a friend at work. Another gal saw me carrying it around and asked about it. Turns out she crochets and said she would make cat mats if I gave her yarn, so Tuesday I brought in yarn and a hook (for good measure). Yippee!

Hey Linda, can you swing by my house and finish up a few things I have started? I'm hopeless.

You know I am in. Word has gone out to a few of the other adoption center lead volunteers and the mats are in high demand. Since you said at the start that ANY charity stuff counts, I'll show you a cat bed I have been sewing. I can't get the hand of the stuffed tube around a circle kind, and this idea literally came to me in a dream. Not sure if I have shown these here before...

[ATTACH]42516[/ATTACH]

I recently got a giant bag of yarn donated to me by a friend at work. Another gal saw me carrying it around and asked about it. Turns out she crochets and said she would make cat mats if I gave her yarn, so Tuesday I brought in yarn and a hook (for good measure). Yippee!

Oh, that's lovely. Some lucky kitty is going to adore it. And good going at getting another person hooked on charity items. :yay

Finished the first side on the prayer shawl and have just 5 more rounds to go on the preemie afghan. Also have a good bit of another Uglee Doll done.

You know I am in. Word has gone out to a few of the other adoption center lead volunteers and the mats are in high demand. Since you said at the start that ANY charity stuff counts, I'll show you a cat bed I have been sewing. I can't get the hand of the stuffed tube around a circle kind, and this idea literally came to me in a dream. Not sure if I have shown these here before...

[ATTACH]42516[/ATTACH]

That is so pretty! I want one for my kitties. :lol

One preemie afghan done and the coordinating hat is just barely started. Now working on the second side of the prayer shawl.

I have 3 cat mats done. Just need to take a picture.

It's been too hot to do anything outside!

Nicole, PM me your addy and I will send you a bed for your babies!!

You are too sweet for words!

I got two more HAP rectangle sets to crochet together last night. I worked a little on those as a break from the preemie layette. I didn't have much of a chance to work on charity stuff over the weekend. I was busy, busy, busy! Ah well, I usually work on charity stuff all month long anyway.

I hope to see some pictures of the items you all made. :hook

I don't really know what to do. I think I would like to join this group. Except I can't meet in person with anyone. I have already made 3 baby hats and a granny square for "From Ewe to You" a charity I found online. It was started by a teenage girl to help her community. The squares she takes is 9 by 9. She also accepts other things like hats of all sizes, scarves, finished afghans you get the gist.

I am also making Grannies Daughters for someone I meet through her website,can't remember her name at the moment though. She is crocheting afghans for "Project Linus". She makes one for each state and randomly chooses a chapter from that state. She only accepts grannies daughters so I'm trying to make a lot. I have 13 so far

I don't really know what to do. I think I would like to join this group. Except I can't meet in person with anyone. I have already made 3 baby hats and a granny square for "From Ewe to You" a charity I found online. It was started by a teenage girl to help her community. The squares she takes is 9 by 9. She also accepts other things like hats of all sizes, scarves, finished afghans you get the gist.

I am also making Grannies Daughters for someone I meet through her website,can't remember her name at the moment though. She is crocheting afghans for "Project Linus". She makes one for each state and randomly chooses a chapter from that state. She only accepts grannies daughters so I'm trying to make a lot. I have 13 so far

Welcome! We don't meet in person. We just get together for a few days out of each month and charity crochet (sewing, knitting and other handmade items work, too). It's usually the third full "weekend" of the month. Next month will be August 18th - August 23rd. We chat throughout the weekend and post pictures when we can.

Archived