craftimama

Purse/Tote Bag Swap -- Get 'em Mailed gals!!!

391 posts in this topic

I just updated the signup list.....we're up to 37 now! WooHoo!! I can't wait to see what everyone makes! :)

Hugs! Juli

It would also make a nice surprise to put inside a larger bag if your partner would like a larger bag. You can still whip up Dot's small bag and send it inside a larger bag and SURPRISE your partner! Who wouldn't love to find something actually already INSIDE their bag, don't you agree? Now I'm getting ideas from that....:hook

I love that idea too!

Okay....one I thought I was going to skip, but I just signed up. This looks like a lot of fun and an opportunity to work in freeform for my partner! :devil

For those of you who are self-proclaimed as "lining-challenged" and to everyone else who's teetering on the decision to line or not, consider this alternative.

Buy a canvas bag from Wal-Mart and use that as your lining. You can use freeform or make a bag to go over the canvas with minimal finger poking. For the "bag in a bag," simply make gussets to go around the handles of the canvas bag:

____|---|_____|---|____ where the |---| is the space for the handle and the ____ stitches are worked in the back loops of the last round. Then join your yarn and work at least two rounds of sc to attach the bag and fold your flap down into the bag. :manyheart

Melissa - what a fabulous idea. A bag inside a bag...That would better than lining. I made a bag out of Lion suede and lined it in material and sewed it inside by hand and it all came apart....a bag would be good inside...tks. so much:cheer

OK I tried soooooo hard to resist this!:sweat But I cant:D So I just sent my survey and I am in!!:devil I really tried to sit this one out but I just couldnt!:D It just seemed like to much fun!! Plus I have a few ideas for projects!:devil

:eek I tried..I really, truly honestly tried to resist this, but someone :devil MADE me do it..yeah that's it, the :devil made me do it. I'm in! :yay Like I need another project :think oh well, it'll be fun :manyheart

Kathy

One more day for folks to sign up! I just updated the list again and we have 41 swappers so far! :)

Please take a second to check the list if you sent in a survey and make sure your name is listed. If not, let me know. :)

Hugs! Juli

Okay, I've got a ditzy question : what's the difference between a purse and a tote bag?:think

Leslie

I tried to resist -...........but I dont know what happened ...LOL- I must have submistted the form in my sleep!!LOL- I just couldnt let this oe pass by!!!!!!!

cant wait to see who I get ....

yay!!!!

fiona

Oh Great Fiona, look what you have done!!! Now I have to join too...if I am not too late.

HA Andrea- what took YOU so long - ..............we are gonna have some fun with this - ( HHMMMMM wouldnt it be fun to get YOU!!!)

have ya decided what bag /tote your gonna do??

Fiona

The wait is almost over, Soon, Soon, Soon, We will have our partners and then comes the Decision, Decision, Decision, of what to make. :think I have been waiting to see who I get as a partner before I even begin to decide what to do.:scrachin I do have a few Ideas, :idea but will wait to see what my swap partner has as preferences. But I do Hate waiting, :angry one of my lesser skills. But the wait is almost over...:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay

The wait is almost over, Soon, Soon, Soon, We will have our partners and then comes the Decision, Decision, Decision, of what to make. :think I have been waiting to see who I get as a partner before I even begin to decide what to do.:scrachin I do have a few Ideas, :idea but will wait to see what my swap partner has as preferences. But I do Hate waiting, :angry one of my lesser skills. But the wait is almost over...:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay

Oh Kathy you sound just like me!! I have a few ideas but I have to wait and see who my partner would be to elaborate on those ideas!!! oh the excitement is up to a feverish pitch!!!

Glad you have decided to join in Fiona and Andrea!!

hugs

Vims:yay

Oh, Fiona! Look at what you make me do......:lol I just signed up! Hope I'm not too late! :hook Might as well join as I'm making a messenger bag for my best friend and will post a picture of it soon! :D Can't wait to see who I get......:yay

Hi gals!! We're almost ready to start! :) I'm excited! I hope everyone else is too!

I sent out an email to everyone on the signup list this morning -- if you don't receive it, please check the signup list on the 1st post and make sure your name is listed. Partner information will be sent out on Saturday.

Leslie -- tote bags are usually wider and have a bigger opening than a purse so that you can get more in them. I use one to carry my crochet and knitting projects. And most are open at the top instead of having a flap or a closure like a purse.

Hugs! Juli

Leslie, the difference between a purse and a tote is how much you stuff into it...when a purse no longer can close due to the half dozen crochet hooks, 3 skeins of yarn, pattern, sissors, cell phone, checkbook, etc it has become a tote! Especially if you can't find your keys because they are under all of the above :eek

Kathy

Leslie -- tote bags are usually wider and have a bigger opening than a purse so that you can get more in them. I use one to carry my crochet and knitting projects. And most are open at the top instead of having a flap or a closure like a purse.

In other words, it's what you and I were carrying our projects in Sunday. ;)animal0083.gif

I just got my the info for my my swap partner! I get to make a tote for Bubblefizz :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay

And.... as luck would have it I'm going on a road trip to Hobby Lobby on Monday, so guess what I'm going to get while there :hook

I got mine today, too! Yeah :cheer I didn't have to wait till Saturday! Now, I just got to figure out what I'm going to make my partner.....Megan....... :blush .

I got my partner too. Is Mustnggrrl00 (Judith). I'm very happy and want to start right now.:dance

Isnt this just exciting:clap :clap :clap

just found out my partner is wait for it........................ Jaclim!! :yay :yay

and she loves bright colours :devil mmmmmmmm let me think :lol