craftimama

Purse/Tote Bag Swap -- Get 'em Mailed gals!!!

391 posts in this topic

Any swaps not received (with the exception of international packages still floating around in the mail, and replacement packages being sent out to those who didn't receive), any swaps not received by January 20th will be listed in the House of Shame.

The only way to avoid this is to send out your package ASAP with delivery confirmation and email me at juliwyant [at] bellsouth.net with the delivery confirmation number. Then I can verify that the package was sent, and it can be verified as delivered.

If your partner hasn't received their package, please get it in the mail with delivery confirmation ASAP!

Hugs! Juli

I just received my replacement purse from Sue, smyz64, and all I can say is - Wow. Wowie wow wow wowwow. It's awesome!

Check it out!

125471119.jpg

And notice all the cool extras she included, the shampoo, lotion, scrubbie, body wash, Crochet! magazine...

Thanks so much, Sue, I see how everyone at your work wanted you to make them one too! I think I lucked out by ending up with a new swap partner!

Leslie

Leslie, I'm so glad you like it. I was very worried! I was scared to even do this swap, because everyone crochet's so nicely, and I felt like an amateur coming in here. :eek

Leslie, I'm so glad you like it. I was very worried! I was scared to even do this swap, because everyone crochet's so nicely, and I felt like an amateur coming in here. :eek

An AMATEUR?????!!!!! Oh my goodness, I just LOVE that purse! :manyheart Did you create it? Can you share the pattern? Oh my, I just love it. Amateur, my foot! You're a pro, girl! :clap We've got lots of wonderful purse makers on this list and you're one of them!

You are too sweet, Karla. It was a modification of a purse I found from Coates' website. I didn't like their handle. I used their general idea, and the flower pattern, but did my own on the rest. I liked the way the handle turned out way better than theirs. Thanks very much. :blush:hug

My nice mailman left a note in my mailbox today ... I have a package from far-off Singapore awaiting me at the post office! My purse from you has arrived!!! I'll go get it tomorrow and post again once I do, but thought you'd like to know that it got here safely. Woohoooo!!

Hi Lani,

Thanks for letting me know that it's arrived. For once, this is a pretty quick delivery to the US despite the festive season :)

Hope you like it.

Em

Thank you so much for my purse, Emy, and I'm so sorry that I haven't posted since I picked it up. It's GORGEOUS and well worth the wait, but you have to tell me .... how the heck did you do the stitch pattern? When I unpacked it I went ooooh, cool, it's granny squares ... wait, no ... it's woven ... wait, no ... how the heck did she DO that? Here's a picture for ya'll; one corner of the purse is turned up a little which I didn't realize until I was cropping the picture, but it's perfect and absolutely beautiful and just in time for spring, the colors are perfection and it is so, so pretty.

th_SwapPurseFromEmy.jpg

Raynelda your replacement bags went out priority mail today-you will prpbably get pkg tomorrow 1/21 or definitely monday 1/23

the small red purse needs a button-u may want also to refelt it(i didn't have enough time since i am leaving for florida for 3 weeks tomorrow.)

Thank you Joanne for sending out a replacement bag! I hope you have a great vacation!!!

Hugs! JUli

Stephanie,

Jessi received the purse you sent her. She asked me to post a thank you to you because she's without a PC right now, and can't post to the list.

Hugs! Juli

Thank you Judith (mustnggrrl00) for my cute and colorful purse! I love it! I think it'll be perfect for my old, clunky, but much used and loved mp3 player. I really needed a carrying case for it! It's not as small as the iPod's.

Thanks again and sorry the first package got lost in the mail!

Hi Lani,

I am so glad you like the bag. I picked up some ideas from my knitting techniques and tried it using crochet. It worked though I wished I had used a firmer yarn. Perhaps you might want to line the bag if you were to use it frequently.

My mom was eyeing the bag and I just whipped it into the envelop before she could claim it. LOL!

Emy

I just want to thank Angie for the beautiful tote she made me. :manyheart Sorry for worrying you! It's not your fault as I know you mailed it way ahead of the deadline. It's our postal system which leaves too much to be desired. Anyway here's a picture of what she sent......I looooove everything!!!fallpurseswapfrombubblefizz.jpg