Good bye little Onery dog

Where do I start? He was the best little buddy and my friend. He was nearly 2 when I met him. The other two (his mom and brother) were skittish but Onery was everyone’s friend. He liked to chase cars and got a little to close to one which resulted in a trip to the vet. By the time I met him he was into safe chasing…….. making sure to keep a fence between him and the cars. He was aptly named Onery and pretty much did as he pleased. We were just lucky that most of the time what he pleased coincided with our requests. Sometimes I wondered if he was hearing impaired but I really think it was just selective hearing because when called as he was running off he would stop, look at you and then go off in the direction he wanted to go. He was quite adept at escaping from the dog pens and we often called him Houdini dog. We finally caught him in the act. The pen had 3 different sized dog houses and 40 inch high fencing. He was jumping up onto the small house, stepping on the middle house, and on up on top of the big house. From there he would climb on over the fence. It took a lot of trial and error to come up with a pen to contain him. Once during an invasion by the neighbor’s dog brave little Onery took his stand along with the other two. Now Onery could have chased the dog off as he was outside the pen but instead he positioned himself behind the pen so at first glance it would appear he was inside the pen with the other two. We have lost them one by one, and he was the last. In his younger days he was very hyper but mellowed out in his old age. The last two years he spent most of his time in the house with us. I know he would have passed in April had we not started treatment for congestive heart failure so we got the gift of two more months with him. He was 15 years and 6 months old when he passed.

post-11309-135897676004_thumb.jpg

I'm very sorry to hear about Onery Dog. What a beautiful story you shared with us and what a special family member he was for you. And he was lucky to have had so many many happy days with you. He was an adorable pup!

Brenda, so sorry to hear of Onery's passing. He had a great life with you and he was one adorable little guy. He can wait by the Bridge with my Katie, who passed in May, until we all meet again. My condolences to you. :hug

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. He looks so sweet and you must have wonderful memories to treasure. We lost our beautiful Dexter (hence Dextersmom) in May and I mourn him. My husband made me a "treasure box" to put Dexter keepsakes in. He put some wonderful photos in it with Dexter's two favorite toys, his dish, his collar and even wrote a page about our favorite memories of Dexter. It has helped. I loved your story. They add so much to our lives.

I'm sorry for your loss. :( I recently lost a furbaby, too, and it definitely hurts. Onery was blessed to have someone give him such a good life.

˚ •* ˚ ˚˚ ˛★* ˛° * Oh darlin'... :hug :hug :hug

what a beautiful story... I'm so sorry for your loss!

:heart

:mug

Archived