Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Thread

kathome

I know this is a "Show and Tell", but I need to direct my question to threadies.

I am personally not a fan of Aunt Lydia's crochet thread, but I just recently found out that the company is now making bamboo thread, and I am wondering if anyone has used it.

I ALWAYS use Ceblia.

I am doing a shawl with it now. It is nothing like cebelia. It's soft, which is why I chose it for this project. I wanted a nice drape, which this thread definitely gives. It does tend to want to split. But I am just careful with it. For a doily I would never use it or anything else I want to have hold it's shape. I would stick with Cebelia.( My favorite thread too ) But for what I am doing it is working nicely. It has a nice soft feel to it and the Shawl will have a nice drape to it as planned.

I know this is a "Show and Tell", but I need to direct my question to threadies.

I am personally not a fan of Aunt Lydia's crochet thread, but I just recently found out that the company is now making bamboo thread, and I am wondering if anyone has used it.

I ALWAYS use Ceblia.

I've used the size 10; have not seen the size 3 yet but would like to try it. the size 10 is very soft and limp and has a very light feel. after working with cotton crochet thread, it felt odd in my hands, kind of insubstantial. I've only swatched with it and i started a kerchief which is still a UFO. I wondered if it was SO light that it wouldn't have enough weight to hang properly in a garment.

I've used Aunt Lydia's size 10 bamboo thread, and I love the softness of it! Like Kathy said, it's probably too soft for a doily (though I did that once, just for fun :) )or anything else you want to have hold it's shape better. But for anything else, it's wonderful stuff :) I have a UFO doll outfit that I'm making with the bamboo, and the drape is just lovely. (It just got put off to the side for my summer project)

It is finer, and feels thinner than cebelia, or most other size 10 cottons...but then, it's not cotton :U

I hope this helps!

It's very soft and perfect for garments.oul I made au. Washing is fine on delicate, but don't put it in a dryer.... And I think it would be too soft for doilies.

Archived