Greeting from California

pb&j

Hi all and howdeedoo from the new gal in town. I have been crocheting since my mom taught me when I was about ten years old. I started crocheting as a number one hobby a couple years ago and have made many wonderful things since then such as baby blankets as gifts, special blankets for my children and various scarves, ponchos, etc. My number two hobby seems to be buying yarn!

Currently, I'm working on a new blanket for my daughter made with chenille yarn from a pattern in Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts. It's a ripple pattern made in shades of blue and white to go in her blue hawaiian theme bedroom. I'll post a picture when I figure out the photo thing. I'd better ask my IT professional (aka husband)!

She's 11 years old and in 6th grade. I also have a son, 15, that I made a blanket for last year. His blanket is a variation on the basic ripple pattern and I matched the colors to the quilt on his bed.

My daughter used to have a Hawaiian themed room - so cute but now that she entered High school, we spent the weekend redoing the room! Now her younger sister has the Hawaiian theme!

I can relate to that! :) About 5 years ago, I painted my daughters' room lavendar at her request, then decorated with a flower and butterfly theme. Suddenly last year, laverdar was right out! Everything had to be blue!

:welcome from NYC. your work sounds beautiful I am just a lowly newby with 2 hats under my belt and waiting for more yarn to practice on some smaller projects still. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a former New Yorker. Grew up in Hastings and married a man from the city. NYC is our favorite place to visit! :) Best of luck with your next project!

Archived