New to Forum Crocheter in Texas

Howdy!

I live South-southwest of Houston. I have been married since 1990, met my Darling Adorable at TAMU in 1986 and have always been involved in crafts and playing with fiber and threads.

We have no kids - both by choice and by physical limitation - instead we are active in dog rescue and our two current 'furkids' are an Irish Setter and a *scottish* Border Collie. We also share our house with a cat who adopted us several years ago and deigns to continue to share her existence with us, the slobbery ones and our 10 year old insane budgie.

I would like to garden, love to read anything and tend to gather supplies and materials for my various crafts until I reach some predetermined point, then I erupt into an orgy of crafting until equilibrium is once again reached. Just like a volcano or other act of God, I can create enormous amounts of assorted craft stuff (sewing, crochet, beadwork, wreath-making, etc) and leave the household a mess for months.

Lucky me, Darling Adorable loves me and tolerates the mess until I clean up then start the cycle all over again!

I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and suffer from the assorted symptoms of the syndrome. I am also working through my tongue cancer (2.5 years so far!) and hope to be declared in remission in another 2.5 years. I have a congenital heart defect that causes me to lose consciousness without much warning, so I don't drive. Most of my interactions are over the phone or on the internet - unless I can talk someone I trust into driving me somewhere.

Well, that's the short and sweet of it. I love to make amigurumi, shawls and afghans. I am working on my holiday gifts for this coming winter, and have a backlog of projects that almost amazes me.

I look forward to many interesting and educational notes with people all over the US and world!

GoldenGryphon

:welcome from CO!

Cool! Where in Colorado? My mother's family is from Loveland and I still have relatives scattered from Greeley to Colorado Springs. Mom just got back from her biannual trip to Estes.

Just saying, I know parts of CO really, really well. Sorry to have missed the fiber fair at CSU!

Hello.welcome to Crochetville. I also like to garden,crochet,and sew.

Thanks and howdy!

If I can ask, where in Northern Ireland? My Darling Adorable writes some fanfic and part of it takes place in Scotland and Ireland.

Because of that, I get to hear a lot of his research into some of the small towns he's found and the interesting bits of info he's dug up online. Seems almost like being there. Without the temperate climate and seasonal changes.

Best thoughts!

:welcome to the ville

Thanks for the welcome. Darling Adorable was a nuke squid for several years. Do you have an active duty or a previously active military person?

Hi:hi and welcome:welcome from the West Coast of Florida

Howdy! And thanks for the welcome!

I spent some time in Pensacola in the late 1970s. Are you anywhere around there?

Welcome from Northern California! My husband's foster parnets live outside/near Houston! Nice area, but too humid for me! lol!

Howdy!

I agree about the humidity, but the winters are nice and short. I haven't found the "perfect" place to live yet, but I'll keep looking!

Best thoughts!

Hi and :welcome to Crochetville from the west side of Michigan.

Howdy! Thanks for the welcome!

So, what's a 50 book challenge?

Best thoughts,

Kristine

Archived