Shawl Madness--another shawl in post 7

DesertCrocheter

I joined the 11 shawls in 2011 knit along on Ravelry last week because I always lurk in that forum, sighing over the beauty, and decided that I needed a spur to get me try a lace shawl. All that shawl goodness on display whetted my appetite and I've been obsessed with them, recently. I had made my sisters shawls in January, but they were the same as one I'd knitted for myself, so I never took photos, so I can't really count them for my goal (except in my head). So here is my first official shawl, the fan and feather shawl as written by Sarah Bradbury, using some gorgeous Noro Kureyon that a friend gave me.

Already on my needles--a knit shawl with a crocheted lacy border.

post-186-135897672575_thumb.jpg

Grannyannie, it's actually quite a simple pattern--which is why I could do it. ;) If you can knit, purl, and knit 2 together, you can make this shawl. And it went pretty quickly, too (and I knit more slowly than I crochet). I saw several examples of this shawl in colorful colorways and knew I had found the perfect pattern for this yarn. Now it just needs to stop being 110 degrees Farenheit so I can wear it! Wool is too warm even in the air conditioning out here.

Patty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This pattern is called Harry's Shawl, and it's a very easy shawl, with just stockinette and yarn overs. Since I've been stash busting with these shawls, my choice of Joann's Cuddle Muffin yarn may not have been the best, but it's super soft and cosy even if the patterning looks less that ideal. The madness continues! I'm currently knitting Aqua Waves by Knit Monster.

post-186-135897683298_thumb.jpg

Pretty!

I have yet to try a shawl....I seem to be stuck on crocheting afghans for some reason! Now I think of it, I haven't knit in a very long time....hmmm...maybe I should try one of these?!?!

Smokey, do not, I repeat, do NOT go check out the 11shawlsin2011 forum on Rav. That is totally what got me hooked on these things. Not all the shawls are the light, airy, lacy things that I don't think I can make yet. And worse, there are crochet shawls made, too, so my queue over there has something like 100 shawls in it now! :lol

Patty

Archived