What's your current project?

What catogory does your current project fall under?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What catogory does your current project fall under?

• Afghan
    • Any sort of decor
    • Baby items
    • Amigurumi
    • Clothing (including hats, scarves, etc)
    • Something else

I crochet everyday.....I put all my crochet aside to cross stitch something small as a gift to my DD who turns 23 on July 4th. I should have it finished today. I also started an order for a crochet clown doll.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently working on a baby afghan done in Lion Brand's Pound of Lavender. Can't link to the free pattern due to the picture missing. Also working on a Lion Brand Soulful Comfort Shawl using Vanna's Choice Heathers and Prints in Charcoal. And finally I'm working another shawl pin like the one pictured here

Plus there's the 3 or 4 projects that I've got hibernating.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now Im trying to finish my second wedding afgan-for my Grandaughter that is getting married in March 2013

Finished her brothers a couple weeks ago --he is getting married Nov 2012

Can you imagine that household !! 2weddings 5 months apart !!!

Hestoria

I just found out yesterday that two very good friends of mine are getting married, and I will have to travel to Canada, and an as of yet unpicked caribbean island for them. SO, not sure if I'll be able to do them both, but this means that I have a lot of crocheting to do!

I am currently making some fingerless gloves for my sister for when she's on the computer.

After that, I'll be making my Olympic Games entry of a SnowPuff Pillow and throw blanket set.

After that I'll be making a TARDIS blanket for my sister for Christmas

After (most likely in between) I'll be making a Wool Eater afghan for my Canadian friend and a Grandma Rose afghan for my Jamaican friend.

Oh yeah, and there's a dress I saw in a store that I want to make for myself. I'm sure I'll find time to fit that in somewhere....

I working on a bedspreads to my sister and also "heartcat" heartcat is a amigurumi cat with a heart for the sick children on two hospitals in sweden :D

• 1 month later...

I usually have about 3-4 projects going at once. So far I have a pink granny square vest for my roommate's daughter, a camouflage, green, and orange lapghan, and I'm sewing a dress out of an old peasant skirt for the same little girl.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on an afghan for my oldest son for Christmas. I'm also working on a rug for in front of my kitchen sink using my cotton scraps. I only have two that I'm actually working on. Many lined up though lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone **waves**!!

I am back from my holiday and it was fab. The Netherlands are grey and cold in comparison to warm and sunny Greece. I've started working on a blanket when I was on holiday. Yes... I took YARN and HOOKS on holiday, hahaha!! I LOVED to crochet on holiday, don't you? Here's some pics on what I was working on on holidays, but I am much much further along with my project now. I'll post some pics soon, I promise.

So, how ís everyone? What did I miss? Share some gossip!!

Glad you had a wonderful holiday. And who doesn't love having hook and yarn handy no matter where you are? :hook

Your choice of colors for your afghan are beautiful. They very much remind me of the last bloom of flowers I get in the Fall when the heat is not so oppressive. I look forward to seeing more of your pics posted as you progress. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Hi everyone **waves**!!

I am back from my holiday and it was fab. The Netherlands are grey and cold in comparison to warm and sunny Greece. I've started working on a blanket when I was on holiday. Yes... I took YARN and HOOKS on holiday, hahaha!! I LOVED to crochet on holiday, don't you? Here's some pics on what I was working on on holidays, but I am much much further along with my project now. I'll post some pics soon, I promise.

So, how ís everyone? What did I miss? Share some gossip!!

Thank you @ReniC for your kind words!! You'll be happy to know that I've finished the afghan! I am so pleased with it. Halfway through I ran out of yarn (uh oh) and it was quite the task finding matching colors as I totally forgot what brand of yarn I used. Turn out: 4 different brands! Took me a lot of (online) shopping to get all the colors, but I made it.

I've put my afghan up on Etsy, but will also post pics of it on my blog soon.

Wow! It did indeed turn out very pretty. It should be easy to maintain being all cotton. One would never know it is made of different brands from the photos. You mentioned the size. Here, some of us call this size a "Crib Blanket". Whoever purchases it will treasure it for a very long time.

I also posted more pics of my afghan on my blog!! Wheeee!!

• 2 weeks later...

Have had trouble making the transition from my placemat obsession to a new project. But finally, last night got inspired by an Etsy seller's knockoff of Anthropologie's Quirky Crocheted Flower Throw, and started making my own version. How I do love making all those different crocheted flowers.

I'm making the peacock feathers Afghan on Bernat's website in a burgundy color. It's my first intermediate project, so I was a little intimidated and it was hard getting it started, but now halfway done and it doesn't look bad. I'm making it for our family gift exchange for Christmas. It may not be perfect, but I think the people in my family will be impressed hahaha.

I joined crochet classes recently and I am currently making 'wiggly' crochet squares which I will make into a scrap type blanket for my granddaughter for her car seat. I am also in the process of making a Justin Bierber afghan for my other graanddaughter, a hexagonal scrap blanket and a scrap blanket made up of cat squares. When these are completed I have a list of about 30 more requested and gifted afghans to make!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived