What's your current project?

What catogory does your current project fall under?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What catogory does your current project fall under?

• Afghan
    • Any sort of decor
    • Baby items
    • Amigurumi
    • Clothing (including hats, scarves, etc)
    • Something else

I usually have more than one project going. That way, if I get tired or frustrated with one, I can switch to another. I also try to have at least one that is small enough to travel - for when I'm at the doctor's with my Mom.

Right now I have:

1. hot pads on the crohook for a wedding gift - need to make 4 and I'm on number 3.

2. pink and blue variegated afghan on the crohook - been working on this one awhile. It keeps getting set aside for other projects.

3. baby blanket for a friend of mine - actually, finishing a project started by her mother. She was cleaning out her mom's stuff after her mom died, and came across a baby blanket that her mom was making. She doesn't have time to do much crochet, so she asked me to finish it. The blanket, the pattern, the hook, and more yarn were all in the bag.

4. Hot pads - I always have one going. I have a tub of cotton yarns and always have at least one hotpad on the crohook. This makes a great travel project because it is small enough to grab and go.

5. Sampler notebook - I have a crochet book that has a bunch of pattern stitches in it. I am making a sample of each stitch with one solid yarn, one variegated yarn, and a different color for each row of the pattern. Then I put the sample in a sheet protector and put it in a three ring binder. That way, I can look through the samples and find the effect I want, and it will tell me which stitch it is. I'd like to do that with each of the pattern books I have, but that may take a while.

I also have 3 afghans in the planning stages. One, I know what pattern I want to use, and what colors, I just need to see if I have all the colors I want or if I need to get some more. The second one, I know what pattern I want to use, I just don't know what colors I want to use yet. The third one, I have the yarns, I just haven't found a pattern that I think would look good with the yarns and colors I have.

I also have plans to make several baby blankets. Just to have them around for gifts if needed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm working on two projects right now.

The first one is an easy ripple afghan for my brother's christmas gift.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/MBakota/easy-ripple-afghan

The second one is a baby blanket for my girlfriend who's due in January. THis is my second attempt at this pattern, and this time I'm actually using single crochet. It's a nice tight stitch, and it's going to be perfect for a winter baby.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/MBakota/tiramisu-baby-blanket-2

I've got 4 (but really 6) projects in rotation right now :D

1. Long skinny scarf, in Plum Perfect Caron Simply Soft

2. Hooded scarf, in Turquoise Red Heart Soft

3. Afghan for Emma, kid-sized (last from toddler through tween phase) in Berry Breeze Red Heart Chunky

4. Afghan for myself (and to cuddle with the kids this winter), double stranded with 1 strand Caron Pound Espresso and 1 strand Caron Pound Lace.

I have a set of washcloths that will become number one priority as soon as the RH Eco-Cotton yarn gets here, because I bought white and green, and I'm making them for baby washcloths for a friend whose IVF was successful and she & her hubby are not going to find out the gender ahead of time :D She also joked about me making her a dragon because she's obsessed with them, but she doesn't know I just finished one for her and will be sending the dragon and washcloths as soon as they're done.

Then as soon as I'm done with Emma's afghan, I'm going to do the same thing for Zach, just using the Blue Hawaii colorway instead :D So yeah, Mommy's afghan will be the last thing to get done :D But that's okay.

I'm working on an afghan. The pattern is one that got from one of those sites where you submit a picture and it turns it into a graph for you. However, I'm struggling with the whole using multiple colors and such. I'm almost ready to just start cutting and sewing in ends instead of carrying it along everywhere. The afghan will have a giant Lion and the word "Lions" for the Detroit Lions!

• 6 months later...

I'm making a doll for my niece. It's really a gown for a barbie-like doll. It's her HS graduation gift. It's taken just about forever to finish. I'll post a pic when it's finished.

Here is a pic from the pattern.

post-59730-135897750989_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I am doing 2 RR, 1 in Watercolor, 1 in Camoflage. A corner to corner baby afghan in Spearmint Candy. The RR are for Christmas gifts, and the baby is due in November. I have a few more in mind

Would love to see you finished project the colors sound beautiful.

Multiple items here too!!!

Hook holder/pouch/tote for granddaughter who knits and is now working on learning crochet.

First attempt at soft crochet bracelets

doll clothing

charity items

I am making a shawl (it's called the half moon shawl on the free crochet pattern website) I am making it in paton's sequin lace in a taup color. (i didn't look at the label to know the exact name) Its the first time I am making something for myself other than a pair of slippers. :)

I have several irons in the fire right now. I'm making the chapeaus throw which will be a red hat society theme, I'm making a blue and gold spirit throw for my sister, I'm making a baby blanket for a girl friend. a scarf for my hubby (taking my time with that one as I get bored because it's JUST the same stitch over and over) and I am going to try and learn to knit.

My daughter will be 16 in a few months. Although I have ideas for her cake and other things..I began making some favors for her guests. I really have no idea how many girls they'll be yet but figured I cannot go wrong starting this soon.

I made 2 clap stick holders and now onto my 3rd bath scrubbie....I assume they'll be at least 8 girls here so no time to waste. I may also make cell phone cases and whatever else I can think of. My daughter hasn't a clue I'm making these lil gifts for her friends.:crocheting

• 1 month later...

I've got a list of them in my notebook, but my big current project is an afghan I'm entering in the fair that is also being made for a friend. She picked out the pattern and yarn, then gave me a creative liberty to make it :)

So many things!

I'm making washcloths for Warmth for Warriors, a jacket for myself and this list for Christmas (these are in the fire, currently sourcing the yarn and finding the patterns):

- shrug for Step-Mom (Thanks everyone for the help in searching for a pattern!)

- afghan for Dad

- pillow and throw set each for Best friend & hubby, her parents, her brother & SIL, her son (really just double crochet using Bernat Boa in various shades to go with their bedrooms)

- the Bella Flower afghan for Bestie's daughter (my take on the Mollie Flower Afghan) This is individual flowers sewn together at the end to make her bed into a field of flowers.

- Snow Day afghan for another friend's housewarming present. She is Colombian and living near Tampa so she's always wondered what snow was like. Making a big fluffy white afghan so she can at least SEE what a snowpile is like.

Archived