we have WINNERS in the Kido Crochet contest

jimbo

I've posted pictures in my blog of the winning entrants in the crochet contest for kids. Every one of them crochets better than me! Which isnt fair cause my dog crochets better than me. But there's some talented kido's out there and I appreciate their participation in Kinder Crochet Week.

That was a wonderful contest you did for the kiddos Jimbo! Loved seeing the pics! Congrats to all the winners!!! :clap I'll be attempting to teach my granddaughter how to crochet the next time I visit her. She will turn 5 in Sept! ( I'm very nervous! :lol)

I've posted my thanks elsewhere but wanted to re-post it here.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=129633

I'll confess I'm a bit biased but I think all the winners did a teriffic job!

I'll add that teaching my great-niece, Claire, has been fun. I'm very proud of her and her first project. She can hardly wait for her Jimbo hook to arrive and has plans to raid my stash for many future projects. :lol

Thanks for offering the contest. It's a great way to get kids interested in crochet.

I've posted pictures in my blog of the winning entrants in the crochet contest for kids. Every one of them crochets better than me! Which isnt fair cause my dog crochets better than me. But there's some talented kido's out there and I appreciate their participation in Kinder Crochet Week.

Wow those kids are awesome!

Penny

That was awsome Jimbo, When madyson got home today from workin with her daddy. I told her to coem look at my pc I had to show her somthing.

So I had her read the title.. and then I told her to look at the pictures. she gets to her's and said. hey that's my hat!. and it took a min and she said I WON!!! mommy I get a hook!!!.. I said yup... She was so excited.. now she's asked me and her daddy about 10 times

"when will my hook arrive".. will it come tomarrow.. We can't go to grandma's just in case LOL.. had to tell her Oh no not yet.. in a few days lol.. so you can bet this child will be Stalkin the mailman over the next week or so LOL till that wounderful kind gift arrives

I totally agree, that the winners did fantastic work. We have some budding world famous crochetiers out there!

And Madyson! Please tell Madyson that her package was mailed yesterday and with luck will get to her in 5 days. I made Madyson's hook from wood that I collected from up in the mountans from my Ranch where deer and bear and coyotes and chipmunks roam. Madyson's hook used to be a stick on a bushy maple tree that was home to a pine squirrel named Peanut because he loves peanuts. So I think a good name for Madyson's hook might be Peanut. You think?

I've posted my thanks elsewhere but wanted to re-post it here.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=129633

I'll confess I'm a bit biased but I think all the winners did a teriffic job!

I'll add that teaching my great-niece, Claire, has been fun. I'm very proud of her and her first project. She can hardly wait for her Jimbo hook to arrive and has plans to raid my stash for many future projects. :lol

Thanks for offering the contest. It's a great way to get kids interested in crochet.

Claire's winning hook was mailed yesterday (Thursday) and is winging it's way to her as I type. Claire's hook came from a Hazlenut bush that grows up on my Ranch in the mountains of NE Washington State, within hearing distance of Deadman Creek. The bush grows lots of Hazlenuts (some folks call them Filberts), but we don't usually get a chance to eat them. The chupmunks, and squirrels are way too fast, and get the nuts way before we can collect any. All we find is cracked shells on the ground and very fat squirrels and chipmunks running around with Hazlenut crumbs in their moustaches. Ah but I was able to rescue this little piece of wood for Claire's hook because the chipmunks and pine squirrels were too busy eating Hazlenuts to notice that I was sneaking a little branch from their bush. I hope Claire's hook makes lots of nifty things.

Please thank her for entering.

Jimbo

Claire's winning hook was mailed yesterday (Thursday) and is winging it's way to her as I type. Jimbo

WOW! The pony express was working overtime this week! Claire's BEAUTIFUL hook arrived this morning!!!!!

Thank you (((((Jimbo)))))))!

Archived