101 Crochet One-skein Wonders

trinichiqn

So, I have a question about this. When they say one-skein projects, does that mean the project cannot use more than one color? What about small scrap amounts of other colors? Can the design use felt and other materials?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise me.

I've seen other one-skein books, and the general idea is just that, one skein or less. Can be a challenge, can be fun, can be freeing...What can you do, with one skein? (So, no scrap projects...that would be a different book, different theme...and an idea whose time is coming back around again I think...it's been a while since I've seen a good scrap-project book)

HTH :)

Interesting... I might be up for this... we'll see what I can come up with while juggling all the other things going on.

I also don't care for the idea of sending them in the finished item... but it is what it is. They probably want to see how the patterns are written out so they don't agree to pick a pattern and find out it is written terribly.. not all patterns are created equal ;)

I'm sure they won't sell or use it if they don't pick it.

I'll have to think about it.... more like I'm going to go to the yarn closet and pull out a new skein of yarn and see what I can come up with that only takes one color and still will look nice in one color. It is limiting but I think I'm up for the challenge :)

It does say you can get your item back if you include a self-addressed postage paid envelope. In many cases, the cost of some yarns may make it worthwhile to do this.

I wonder if they donate the items to charity -- both those used and not used in the book. That would make it feel better, but they should say that.

I think I may submit to this book. It would be nice to get my pattern published.

Now, can I get all the paperwork done? I'll give it a try.

:manyheart

• 2 months later...

This was the reply to an email I sent them a few days ago...

Dear Amy,

We have made our initial selections and will be contacting designers and returning items in the next few weeks.

Sincerely,

Melinda Sheehan

Editorial Assistant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am so glad that I wasn't the only one who got in. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to be all neiner neiner neiner know what I mean?

I sent in 6 designs. One was returned me already. I was pretty sure it would be since it was an experiment. I sent in 6 designs, one made out of Super Saver, a few higher end but easily available yarns plus a few yarn store yarn yarns. The cheap yarn design was returned... so I have 5 in the book. I'm really excited about it. I wish I could have sent in more but I didn't know about it until about a week and a half before the deadline so I really pushed myself to kick out some serious designs... and then they went and pushed the deadline back... but I was so busy with other things I could not get more design time in. I am so happy I logged on here and saw the call for submissions!!

Congratulations Akua and Yarn-or-Fabric! how exciting this is (my first time being published, I'm so glad I saw the open call for submissions posted here on the 'ville). I only had time for one design before the first deadline, and then got busy on other projects...but they like it, so I'm just so thrilled! :c9

(I hope no one saw my post as a neener-neener either...if so, I do truly apologize)

Archived