Granny Star, now on Ravelry-thank you testers.

Carlinda

Pattern now tested, and available on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/granny-star-ripple

A simple but sweet edging was added and will be sending those that tested a copy of the final pattern.

A big thanks!

Hello,

I am seeking pattern testers for a Granny Star, which is an 8 point round ripple done in the classic granny clusters.

Pattern may be done in various sizes, anywhere from a dishcloth to a king size blanket. I just ask that pattern be done through round 11, the rest of the rows are repeats. So as far as testing just the 11 rounds will be needed.

No specific yarn is required, just use the appropiate size hook for whichever yarn you use. Pictured done in my simply soft scraps and an I hook, with 2 rounds per color. Also, mine is not finished. Have about 12 more rows to go for size. What appear to be blues in the photo is really teals. Simply soft teal colors just do not photo true for me. It is much prettier in person as far as color goes. If anyone has any tips on getting good photos of Simply Soft yarn I would much appreciate it.

It is a written pattern, and will be in pdf format. Skill level: advanced beginner +. I am not on a deadline but would like to have it tested by the end of the week. Only one or two hours should be sufficient to work 11 rounds.

Thank you for looking, and happy crocheting :hook

~Carlinda~

post-41864-135897669006_thumb.jpg

post-41864-13589766901_thumb.jpg

Thank you Carlinda for letting me test this one..

You cheered my misearable asthma day I'm having and allergies..

I will keep you posted. I want to make some kitty mats aka blankies for donating to Little Meews Rescue ...

hugs

Lillibet

Wow that looks awesome Samantha...

I am going to take my shower and then sit and crochet on one too so maybe tomorrow i can post photo too...

hugs

Lillibet

Thank you everyone for working on this so quickly! Big hugs to you :hug I really appreciate it much. I am deeply honored every time someone chooses to take their yarn and time to make one of my patterns.

I do hope this is one that will be enjoyed by many crocheters. :hook The granny pattern is so classic and much loved for many reasons. With so many other patterns out there done in the granny cluster it will be easy to find patterns to match when making sets for gifts. And this one is such a great alternative to doing a plain square blanket.

When designing I wanted something quick and easy. I have always loved the traditional round ripple but wanted something a little more lightweight. Yes, it is summer/hot here in Florida and I for some reason had the urge to make a blanket??? It also matches the summertime quilt on my bed. Will post pics again with the quilt when I am finished.

As soon as I am finished with my blanket I will be working on a tote/purse that matches this pattern. Will be super cute worked up with the blanket as a gift set as a baby blanket and diaper bag.

I will post again here at the Ville when I am ready for testers for the bag pattern.

Again, a big thanks to all the testers!

Happy Crocheting,

Carlinda :hook

Hi there Carlinda:

I went ahead and tested this for you using my scraps of yarns to make a kitty mat.

I worked it up to row 11 and its a very easy pattern to make I love it and for sure will work on at least lap size ghans with this pattern..

So easy to read and follow..

thank you for letting me test this for you...

You really cant see the granny square stitch effect cause of the color choices but they are there...

This will be making one happy kitty when i donate it to our local kittie rescue.

hugs

Lillibet

post-6956-135897669634_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much Lillibet :cheer

It looks great, glad it was easy to follow for you and I am sure the Kitties will love it!

Will be posting the finished pattern on Ravelry and Etsy soon. I need to finish working on the full size blankets for photos. Am working on a really great color combo/stripes for this right now.

Happy Crocheting :hook

Archived