P&C 50% off

Tampa Doll

My sister and I hemmed and hawed, but finally decided we'll miss P & C too much if we don't order, and the prices are soooo good. We both work with cotton quite a lot. On the 22nd we ordered 20 cones and by the 24th we were told it was on the way, and only 1 cone wasn't available! I am honestly very surprised and thrilled that so much of what we like was still available! We're ordering more.

Oh No!!! YARN GODDESS HELP US ALL!!!! :lol

Amen, Terri. Amen, Terri. Knowing me I am going to be sneaking over to the website and play around with another order. Dear me, where will I put it all. I worry about that later.:rofl :rofl

Yarn Goddess IS helping us all ~ to buy more at the best prices we'll ever see for the rest of our lives. I'm not worried about where I'll put it. I WILL find places to put it. With the double thick worsted cotton available on cones for so little, I'm thinking about making some new cotton kitchen rugs, rather than acrylic.

Remember, cotton prices are going up, so this sale is really a blessing. I will have enough cotton for years. I put my cotton in large zip bags, then put them in bins. They stay dry, clean and away from the sun.

OHHHHhhhh.. Bad Terri, very bad.

DD helped me look thru the pretty colors there....

placed my order last night, there were out of 6 of the colors that I choose, so I went back and found some other colors *sighs*

ended up getting 13 cones (2 of which will be going to DD).

So now I have to find a place for all this lovely cotton yarn heading my way. :devil:blush

I rec'd all but one color. I am thinking about going back and see what I can find in the 3 ply. I'm planning to use it for "whatever", but is the 3 ply cotton good for baby clothing? how much will it shrink? I have 2 grandbabies that I would like to make onsies for.

Sherry

the cotton is not preshrunk, as I found after making a sweater for my nephew...it shrunk when she washed it (I forgot to warn her), I'm guessing she washed it warm or hot.... I had used the 2/3 ply (I forget which) fashion weight cotton (honeysuckle I think it was). It's a great, soft cotton. great for wearables, beyond the not preshrunk bit...but then I don't machine dry most clothes, and especially not handmade wearables. :U

HTH

(I caved too. I have 6 cones, plus 12 "balls", twice...for two other cones--all of finer weight cottons), oh, and 6 size 20, white.

White is wonderfully dye-able too! :)

You guys are just sooooooo bad and such a bad influence, I just bought another 5 cones! :rofl :rofl :rofl It was the remark about the price of cotton going up and we would only see these prices once in our lifetime that did it :devil

The yarn my sister and I ordered is absolutely beautiful! Our first order arrived, and they had 19 of the 20 cones we ordered. A couple cones were substituted with balls. We ordered some colors we already love and use a lot, plus tried some colors that had never been available around here. We are not disappointed at all!

Our second order has arrived but I haven't seen it yet. My sister went through it and said the colors are great. This time we were shorted by 5 or 6 cones that are now out of stock. I'm excited to see this order because we are trying some of the double thick worsted weight this time!

We've had a good experience with this sale. It has taken about a week for each order from the time of ordering to it arriving. All the yarn is clean and in good condition. Money paid for out of stock items was refunded immediately.

We're trying for a third small order to replace the out of stock items. We'll see how this goes.

Thanks, MomC. I have only done dishcloths with cotton. I have always used acrylic for baby items, but I wanted to do some cotton thinking that is might be cooler. I will have to pretest for shrinkage because I am sure that they will go in the washer!

I made a big mistake this morning. I took all my cotton out, Balls and cones. I was trying to decide what colors to use for the next tote.

Anyway, DH was here and he looked at the yarn, looked at me, looked at the card board box some of the cotton was in and sighed.:sigh Then he said "Are you telling me, you have to keep your yarn in a card board box?"

I said just some, he did not see what was on the floor of the closet.

So I promised not to buy anymore.:devil

Glad you are all getting good deals and hannie's grannie, I use the cotton for most everything I make, including some of the dolls I dress.:hook

Geez, I wish people would get their invoices in. I LOVE that black watch! Black Watch is actually my dad's tartan colors (Campbell). That would make a cool afghan. :P

I gotta a question, has anyone bought the #925 weight cotton at P & C site how thick is it ? is there any yarn you could possibly compare it to for me? it seems by the yardage on cone it is prob thicker than the other specialty offerings..I want something a tad thinner than the reg P & C ,but not too thin

Thanks TD for the info.

Now, I am on a quest for nylon yarn. I have always used size 18, but man it is hard on the hands. Could someone tell me how size 10 works up and a "cheap" place to buy it?

I know this is kinda off topic for the thread, sorry

Sherry

Yes, moonfest, I've used #925. The info at the top is fairly accurate (hook size E/3.5mm-7)..Being also labeled as a "2" or fine, the best generic comparison I could give you is that it's close to sock-yarn weight. I find it's a tad finer than many of the acrylic "sport weight" yarns out there. maybe b/c of the cotton factor. :shrug

HTH

I got my order in today! They ran out of the Black Cherry in cones, so they sent me 16 balls of it (I ordered 2 cones). They made up for it.

They did run out of 2 others that I ordered, but they gave me credit back in my account.

BUT I DO LOVE THE COLORS THAT I ORDERED!!!!

sopo... I have used that Black Watch. It's beautiful I still have half a cone sitting here.

I thought that someone said that the sale was extended until the 17th, so I went to take a gander and low and behold the entire website has been changed.

The cones are now selling for $16.49!!!!!! O my, there were some bargains to be had during the sale!!!!!!!!!

Archived