Fisherman Wedding Afghan

Heather414

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is absolutely gorgeous - I'm a little intimidated by something that complicated - it looks like it was a challenge. I'm sure they will love and cherish it.

I'm with Itch 2 Stitch Annie. *drools* such an amazing piece, but holy cow it looks so complicated! You are a crochet champ!

Best wishes for the newly weds.

I'm with Itch 2 Stitch Annie. *drools* such an amazing piece, but holy cow it looks so complicated!

Thank you. :) The afghan is a challenge, but not really difficult. It just uses standard crochet stitches to form stitch patterns. The instructions were clear and well written so it was easy to follow along. I enjoyed working on it; it was fun. :)

Thanks again ladies for your nice comments. :hug

I LOVE that pattern book, have made a dozen or more over the years, ours has lasted decades! Making one now for our friends. Beautiful work!!! They will love it! In fact, I'm working on that very pattern. Don't sell yourself short, these do have some tricky stitches, but like you said, if you read carefully, it's not too bad. Lots of time and love went into that wedding gift.

I absolutely adore your afghan!!! I made that same one years ago. Unfortunately, I made it with cheap yarn and I didn't last that long because I have a cat and have to frequently wash and dry all my afghans...

• 1 month later...

Archived