Fisherman Wedding Afghan

Heather414

I just finished up this afghan today and just in the nick of time! The wedding is this weekend!

The pattern is from Fisherman Crochet Afghans Leisure Arts Leaflet 250 (designed by Anne Rabun Ough). I used Wool-Ease and both an I and J hook.

The gift is for my husband's niece and her intended who tie the knot on Saturday. I hope they will enjoy some quality snuggle time using the afghan. (At least early on....my husband and I each have our own afghans now!) :lol

This was a challenging project, but, it was fun doing all the different stitches.

If you'd like to see more photos, this link will take you directly to my blog post about the afghan. http://heather-thegoodlife.blogspot.com/2011/06/fisherman-wedding-afghan-tale-is.html

Thanks for looking and happy crocheting! :hook

post-28160-135897667747_thumb.jpg

post-28160-13589766775_thumb.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just finished up this afghan today and just in the nick of time! The wedding is this weekend!

The pattern is from Fisherman Crochet Afghans Leisure Arts Leaflet 250 (designed by Anne Rabun Ough). I used Wool-Ease and both an I and J hook.

The gift is for my husband's niece and her intended who tie the knot on Saturday. I hope they will enjoy some quality snuggle time using the afghan. (At least early on....my husband and I each have our own afghans now!) :lol

The afghan is really beautiful, your niece is going to love it; a lot of love and dedication went into it, you should be proud!

If you'd like to see more photos, this link will take you directly to my blog post about the afghan. http://heather-thegoodlife.blogspot.com/2011/06/fisherman-wedding-afghan-tale-is.html

Thanks for looking and happy crocheting! :hook

Beautiful, you should be really proud of it and your niece will love it!

:tup Looks GREAT! :cheer Is this worked all in one piece, or is it panels that you join later? :think Too bad I'm not half the happy couple... ;)

Thank you all for your nice comments. I'm on cloud 9...:c9

I've never seen this particular pattern in a book, just the leaflet. Actually a nice lady on Crochetville gifted me with the leaflet a few years ago.

The afghan is done in one piece worked lengthwise.

Thanks again! :manyheart

Archived