Amy

Jean Leinhauser: Rest in Peace

It is with a very sad heart that I let you all know that Jean Leinhauser passed away earlier today. (Crochetville Memorial Thread for Jean: Click here.)

I will never forget the times I spent with Jean at Chain Link conferences. I will always treasure the crochet books she personally autographed for me. I feel so fortunate to have known her.

Jean did so much through the years to support CGOA, with her most recent contribution being the redesign of our Masters Program. She is going to be sorely missed by all of us in the crochet community.

The CGOA board is discussing ways we can honor and remember Jean at our upcoming Chain Link conferences. If you have any ideas, please send me a PM.

Jean's business partner, Rita Weiss, has let me know of an excellent way to honor her if anyone is interested. Jean loved her dogs even more than she loved crochet, and she was very supportive of animal rescue organizations. Rita says there is no particular organization, so if you wish, please pick any animal rescue organization, especially one that works with dogs, to make a donation of time, money, or crocheted items in Jean's name and memory.

Amy Shelton

CGOA President

She was such an asset to the crocheting community. I have always been a fan of her work and was tickled to have even been commenting in the same posts here with her; I loved how she was always willing to help out with any tips and suggestions from her years of experience. Her memory will live on through all of the wonderful patterns she so generously shared with us.

Jean as well as Rita made crochet an industry and promoted it around the world. Her stamp on the crochet communtiy will live for generations as her patterns are created time and again. She is/was a 'legend' in her time and may she "rest in peace". We will remember!

How very sad to hear of Jean's passing. I too remember how very willing she was to help on this forum and of course the beautiful patterns. She will be greatly missed.

Unfortunately, I'm not a person who keeps track of names in anything I do....not even when I listen to music, I just know what I like and don't pay much attention to details. I realized I have her Weekend Afghan book and have made many patterns from it.

I'm sure she will be greatly missed in the crochet community and my sympathies go out to her family and close friends.

I am very saddened as I read of the loss of one of crochet's nicest and most talented individuals. May her family find comfort in all that Jean accomplished during her exceptional life.

Barbara

I am so saddened to hear of Jean's passing. I have many of her books and leaflets and there were several times when I emailed her to question something and she always emailed me back with a most gracious answer.

She will be missed. Rest in Peace, Jean.

LI Roe