Entrelac Dice Bag

tacomagic

My existing dice bag is a very small faux lether pouch that has become too small to hold my dice... and it's getting very worn out. I discovered entrelac crochet on Crochetville about two weeks ago and studied up on it and quickly determined this project for myself.

I used the Hook, Yarn, and Needles pattern, which I can't post a link to on Crochetville because it censures it for whatever reason. However, I made 3 important changes. First, I only made 5 rows instead of 7, since it was going to be a small bag for holding dice. Second, I used the entrelac square tutorial on the same site in order to create a perfect cylinder of entrelac, rather than the staggered square ends. From there I SC'd on a semi-round base and a top to attach my chain stitched tie cord.

It turned out fairly well, but a few changes for my next attempt: The bag needs to be taller after the cord so that there is more material up above the tie point; it's mostly an aesthetic thing. I need to use two colors that contrast more sharply with each other. The colors I used were too similar and really don't showcase the entrelac method used. The SC base worked really, really well; however, the SC top wasn't very good because the SC stitch is much less elastic than the simple Tunisian stitch. In the next run I need to use a double-sided tunisian stitch in the round rather than SC for the top in order to keep my elasticity similar. Doing the base in SC was good as it reenforced the bag very nicely, so I would keep that the same.

Cheers,

Taco

post-34403-13589766727_thumb.jpg

Archived