New butterfly baskets

Apak

My son is leaving kindergarden in few days and starts school in September :eek:yes

So I made the baskets for 2 teachers to say goodbye. The first one has not "front" or "back" so you can see its 2 sides.

post-30828-135897667261_thumb.jpg

But I am not very happy with the second one. Something is wrong with it - I think I put too many butterflies there....:scrachin Still I have a few days to work on it and I will try to add a broom doll and then only 2-colors butterflies, so the doll will be "visible"... :think

post-30828-135897667264_thumb.jpg

You can see some of my other baskets here and here and here

post-30828-135897667257_thumb.jpg

Wow what a perfect gift for the teachers. I am sure they are going to love them.

If you are going to add a broom doll, I would take some of the butterflies out and put in more greenry.

I love these butterflies, they are so easy and fun to make.

But they are beautiful they way they are.:hook

These are all gorgeous! How pretty and what an excellent idea to showcase your crocheted butterflies! I think they are great just the way they are. If you do anything to the second, I would just spread out the butterflies a little, making the arrangement fan out wider than the basket base. But it is just wonderful the way it is! The huge one is amazing!

I clicked on your links to see your other butterfly baskets and I am in AWE! You are so talented and these are very unique! It was difficult to pick a favorite but I think it would be the second one of your links -- called Bunch of Butterflies. It is beyond words!

Your child's teachers are going to be very surprised at such thoughtful and artistic gifts! Lucky teachers!

Thank you for all your compliments and advice! :manyheart

When I go out, I usually have a small tote with small skeins of thread, a hook and scissors - you know, "just in case" :lol And then I can make butterflies. I don't take my bigger projects with me, but the butterflies are perfect to carry - and no possibility I have too many of them :D

Wow what a perfect gift for the teachers. I am sure they are going to love them.

If you are going to add a broom doll, I would take some of the butterflies out and put in more greenry.

I love these butterflies, they are so easy and fun to make.

But they are beautiful they way they are.:hook

Yes, that's what I was thinking of. I also plan to reduce colors then and make butterflies in purples and yellows only, so the broom doll would be exposed in a better way.

Id love to do some butterflies like that, is there a free pattern you can direct me to please?

The pattern is from one of Polish magazines.

(...) If you do anything to the second, I would just spread out the butterflies a little, making the arrangement fan out wider than the basket base. But it is just wonderful the way it is! The huge one is amazing! (...)

I agree, I should give them more air ;) Not enough space for flying :D

OMG! How beautiful and creative. See, I need you guys to give me ideas. I will have to make one for a friend whose husband is going through radiation and chemo. What a beautiful "pick-me-up." ;)

All of your butterfly baskets are just gorgeous. Who wouldn't love them. I would be tickled pink if someone ever gave me such a beautiful gift. Thanks for sharing your work. I could look at these all day.

Archived