June Charity CAL 6/16 - 6/21

nicolep

I finished my first Uglee Doll last night. It's actually rather cute. There are a few things I'll do differently on the next one though. Like stuffing the arms and legs before the last 3 rows of crocheting. :lol It's murder getting the stuffing in the tiny holes that are left! :lol

Pictures? :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I am in the mood for some motivation in the way of pictures!! I have a friend that used to make such cute stuff for an organization called "one dress at at time". I loved to see what she made. I am sure the new clothes and toys are badly needed there. I saw a whole special on how trucks and trucks arrive with literally nonsense items, (like a giant plastic Santa Claus - in June).

We are having crazy wild fires here and there was a large call for items to keep displaced animals under supervised care.

Sometimes I feel like I am spitting in the wind and other times I have to remember that I am not the ONLY one doing one small thing.

I agree. I am in the mood for some motivation in the way of pictures!! I have a friend that used to make such cute stuff for an organization called "one dress at at time". I loved to see what she made. I am sure the new clothes and toys are badly needed there. I saw a whole special on how trucks and trucks arrive with literally nonsense items, (like a giant plastic Santa Claus - in June).

We are having crazy wild fires here and there was a large call for items to keep displaced animals under supervised care.

Sometimes I feel like I am spitting in the wind and other times I have to remember that I am not the ONLY one doing one small thing.

When I feel discouraged and wonder what little good I can do just by myself, I have to remember that I'm not the only one doing a little and that lots of little bits can make a big difference when put together.

And here is Uglee Doll #1:

post-9295-135897668397_thumb.jpg

Actually not so ugly. :lol Hope it will make some child a little happier.

I am working slowly but I have one hat finished and one half way done. I fell asleep on the plane so I got nothing done then and have been running non stop :/

:cheer Even "small" things make big changes! :cheer

When I feel discouraged and wonder what little good I can do just by myself, I have to remember that I'm not the only one doing a little and that lots of little bits can make a big difference when put together.

And here is Uglee Doll #1:

[ATTACH]40785[/ATTACH]

Actually not so ugly. :lol Hope it will make some child a little happier.

That is adorable!! I'm sure a child in Joplin will love to have that doll.

Linda! I think you will have to call yours a Cutee doll!

Agreed!

Can y'all believe it's Tuesday already? :sigh I managed to get one and a half HAP afghans crocheted together. I'm might finish up the second tonight, but that's kind of pushing it.

I finished 6 reversible sundresses/jumpers for Project First Day. Amazing how much I can get done when I'm off from work.

Those are gorgious, cshort. Great work which I'm sure will be much appeciated. I've got another Uglee Doll almost finished. Just the arms and one leg to go.

Those are gorgeous, cshort. Great work which I'm sure will be much appreciated. I've got another Uglee Doll almost finished. Just the arms and one leg to go.

:cheer

Finished my baby Ghana and will post picture after phone charges.

Can't wait to see the pic. :D

I would love to help you next month!!!!! :)

We'd love to have you!

I did get both HAP afghans crocheted. I'll put in my request for the next two. Hopefully I'll have both of those finished in a week or two then I can request another two for July's charity CAL. There is a big push to get them crocheted together. So I'm focusing on that for awhile. :yes

Just a simple granny but a staple.

Love it! :)

Dealing with husband's medical issues and did not get anything done. I'm so ashamed. I will try to get caught up by next month.

No need to feel ashamed. Life gets in the way. Medical issues have to come first. I hope everything is imrpoved. :hug

Just a simple granny but a staple.

Love the colors! :yay

Dealing with husband's medical issues and did not get anything done. I'm so ashamed. I will try to get caught up by next month.

Hey, don't sweat it. Sometimes life just gets in the way of things we'd like to do. There's always next month.

I got the second Uglee Doll finished today. Made some changes in when and how I attached and stuffed it that made it go much smoother.

Wow, what great stuff everyone got done. Those jumpers are adorable (how about a you tube video tutorial??) and the granny's square blanket looks soft. Do you remember what yarn you used?

I got one more cat mat done. The color changes are extreme, but I use what I get!! The little furball is Berry. My husband says "why would you name a girl cat Barry?". I keep having to explain that it's BERRY!

post-13802-13589766906_thumb.jpg

So I guess that's

20 cat toys

1 cat mat

Good morning everyone. I managed to finish 2 Uglee Dolls this month. I have a third that is just barely started that I'm planning to do and include with these two to send off at the end of the month.

post-9295-13589766908_thumb.jpg

Wow, what great stuff everyone got done. Those jumpers are adorable (how about a you tube video tutorial??) and the granny's square blanket looks soft. Do you remember what yarn you used?

I got one more cat mat done. The color changes are extreme, but I use what I get!! The little furball is Berry. My husband says "why would you name a girl cat Barry?". I keep having to explain that it's BERRY!

[ATTACH]40886[/ATTACH]

So I guess that's

20 cat toys

1 cat mat

Love the mat and Berry is super sweet and looks like she's trying to stake her claim on it .

Linda, I love those dolls. I can see how someone who can modify things on the fly (aka NOT me) could really get into cute variations.

Berry and her sister Annie went out for adoption today. Yup, I cried. I always do.

Linda, I love those dolls. I can see how someone who can modify things on the fly (aka NOT me) could really get into cute variations.

Berry and her sister Annie went out for adoption today. Yup, I cried. I always do.

You've been a very good Mommie to them and given them a start in life they would not have otherwise had. Now they will go to good home and be loved and treasured. Of course, you cried to see them go. :hug :hug :hug

Oh no! :eek I missed some great posts. I didn't get an email notice for some reason. Sorry everyone. :blush

Denise - :hug It has to be hard when the kittens go to live with someone else. I have considered fostering kittens, but it would be too hard on my heart and the other cats. You're a special lady! Berry is so cute and the cat mat is fabulous, too.

Linda - Great dolls!! I love the faces on them.

Just a quick update, my kittens were up for adoption less than 24 hours! They were both adopted the next morning. Yeah!

That's great news.

I ended up making 3 of the Uglee Dolls and they went out with UPS today.

They were fun to make and two of the ladies in my prayer shawl group asked for the patterns. I like the colors I chose because they are appropriate for young boys as well as girls.

post-9295-13589767236_thumb.jpg

Archived