June Charity CAL 6/16 - 6/21

nicolep

Let's charity crochet! :clap Anyone want to join me? :D

For new comers -

Anything handmade (crochet, knit, sew...whatever you like to do) counts towards the charity CAL. A group of us get together once a month and dedicate six days to charity. We chat about what we're making and lots of other non-craft things that pop up. At the end of the event, we post our totals in big, bold letters so we can all see how much a few people can do.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer, I'll be away again but I am taking something small with me to work on (small blanket ???). Will be visiting the venue for my daughter's September wedding and many meetings planned (wedding 5-6 hours away from where I live).

Hi Nicole,

I will be concentrating on cat toys this month instead of mats. Those little buggers just seem to disappear, so I need to get busy. I showed one to a friend. She texted me a picture of her prototype and I replied "perfect, now repeat that 300 times!"

So I need to practice what I preach, I guess!

Denise

I need to finish putting together a granny square afghan for a lady at work, she and her family have little to nothing.

Oh, my, where did the last month go? I'm in. Still working on prayer shawls. I have a least two to make.

Hi, Linda! I wondered how it could possibly be time for another charity CAL when the reminder popped up on my phone. It doesn't seem possible!

Wow, quite a few jumping on board this month! Yeah! The last few months I have been pretty flat. But I hope to do better in June!!

And darn Nicole for getting the dates posted right. Remember the month we all cheated and started a day early! Woo hoo, what a difference a day makes!

I'm going to a family reunion-vacation-thing this weekend, but I'll try to join in anyway. I'm thinking a few Uglee Dolls for kids in Joplin and possibly a scarf for the Blue Scarf Project.

-Hazel

Thanks for the information on this, Hazel. I may try and make one or two. Kim, the lady I care for, loves to watch me do things like that. I'll see how my hands stand up. I copied off the directions.

Sorry, I started a day early again this month. Well, I can't help it if game 7 of the Stanley Cup was tonight instead of tomorrow. I made 12 toys. 11 yellow and 1 red. Here are 10. The other two went AWOL.

post-13802-135897667607_thumb.jpg

...until I downloaded this picture of Linus (about 6 weeks old) and spotted the red one in the background.

post-13802-135897667614_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I started a day early again this month. Well, I can't help it if game 7 of the Stanley Cup was tonight instead of tomorrow. I made 12 toys. 11 yellow and 1 red. Here are 10. The other two went AWOL.

[ATTACH]40632[/ATTACH]

...until I downloaded this picture of Linus (about 6 weeks old) and spotted the red one in the background.

[ATTACH]40633[/ATTACH]

Great start. Linus looks sooooo sweet. Wonder if he's the culprit who stole the missing ones.

And I also jumped the gun and started an Uglee Doll yesterday. Body is crocheted as well as the eyes and mouth, although they aren't attached yet. I'm debating on giving it a nose, too.

Denise - Linus is too cute! Great toys, too. I almost always start early for the charity CALs. :lol

Linda - Can't wait to see pics of your Uglee!

I'm going to get started crocheting the HAP afghan together tonight.

Yippee, looks like the early-start-police won't come to get me. I'm in good company.

Wow, I can't wait to see the Uglee. I never know how to "attach" things correctly. I need a class "in real life" to show me how I guess. Same with joining blocks. I stink at that. You Tube is great for about 85% of things I have needed to learn, but sometimes you just need to say "look at mine, what's wrong here?"

PS, Linus is too small to get up where the toys were kept. It was one of the bigger kids. But they are cat toys, so they were only doing what's natural!!

Yippee, looks like the early-start-police won't come to get me. I'm in good company.

Wow, I can't wait to see the Uglee. I never know how to "attach" things correctly. I need a class "in real life" to show me how I guess. Same with joining blocks. I stink at that. You Tube is great for about 85% of things I have needed to learn, but sometimes you just need to say "look at mine, what's wrong here?"

PS, Linus is too small to get up where the toys were kept. It was one of the bigger kids. But they are cat toys, so they were only doing what's natural!!

I know just what you mean. The first time I made a Celtic Knot prayer shawl, I could not figure out how to get the sides started. I finally gave up and put the back away for 6 months. When I tried it again it worked just fine. I still don't know what I was doing wrong the first time. I was just grateful that it worked when I came back to it.

Of course, cat toys are to play with. :lol :lol :lol

I have one arm left to crochet and then I can move on to the attaching and stuffing. I'll take a picture when I'm done for sure. It's going to be cute. (Better than I was expecting, actually.) :lol

I have all of the HAP rectangles crocheted together length-wise. Tomorrow I'll work on crocheting them width-wise then do the border. If I keep up the same progress tomorrow, I should have no problem getting the two done I have on hand. :cheer I CAN get them done! :cheer

I decided to sew this month. My local chapter of the American Sewing Guild is making clothes for Project First Day which will provide kids in Joplin, Mo with a new outfit to wear on the first day of school. I have 2 sundress/jumpers finished except for buttons and buttonholes.

I decided to sew this month. My local chapter of the American Sewing Guild is making clothes for Project First Day which will provide kids in Joplin, Mo with a new outfit to wear on the first day of school. I have 2 sundress/jumpers finished except for buttons and buttonholes.

What a great cause! I really wish I could sew. I'm absolutely horrible at sewing.

I finished my first Uglee Doll last night. It's actually rather cute. There are a few things I'll do differently on the next one though. Like stuffing the arms and legs before the last 3 rows of crocheting. :lol It's murder getting the stuffing in the tiny holes that are left! :lol

Archived