Looking for the creator of this pattern

acraftylady

Question

if you look under Friday June 20th 2008 the baby afghan with pastels titled fair deliveries. It's her own creation and I did leave a comment a few weeks ago hoping to see if she sells the pattern or what but no answer. Down a little farther she has a green swatch and states she joined the surprise pattern of the week CAL at crochetville. Hoping someone may know this blogger or what her screen name is on the ville to PM her. Mary

13 answers to this question

After searching through my crochet library, I came across this LA Little Book and the stitch for the "rope' look is in here, titled "Cable Stitch". Left click on the photo for a larger one. Please look at the bottom right photo and it will show the stitch. It is composed of in a multiple of 3 + 2ch. Luvmnms photo shows the same stitch in pastel colors, after 2rows of hdc (or dc).

I am in no way trying to reverse engineer Luvmnms pattern, only referencing the stitch.

Hi :yay Sorry, I haven't been on in quite awhile.

I made up that pattern using two rows of (122) double crochet and then one row of (40) cable stitch.

I used the cable stitch found in a booklet I bought at Wal-Mart (I'm sure you can get it other places), Leisure Arts Little Books #75009 Beginners’s Guide Crochet Stitches & Easy Projects.

I have searched the web for the cable stitch I used and I can’t find it anywhere. :(

I will try to explain how to do the stitch… sc in first stitch, ch 3, skip 2 sc, sc in next st, turn, sc in 3 chs, sl st in sc made before the ch 3, turn, work behind cable sc in 2 skipped sc, repeat across row, sc in last sc.

If you have any other questions, just ask, I will try to answer them in a more timely manner.

Hi :yay Sorry, I haven't been on in quite awhile.I made up that pattern using two rows of (122) double crochet and then one row of (40) cable stitch.

I used the cable stitch found in a booklet I bought at Wal-Mart (I'm sure you can get it other places), Leisure Arts Little Books #75009 Beginners’s Guide Crochet Stitches & Easy Projects.

I have searched the web for the cable stitch I used and I can’t find it anywhere. :(

I will try to explain how to do the stitch… sc in first stitch, ch 3, skip 2 sc, sc in next st, turn, sc in 3 chs, sl st in sc made before the ch 3, turn, work behind cable sc in 2 skipped sc, repeat across row, sc in last sc.

If you have any other questions, just ask, I will try to answer them in a more timely manner.

There ya' go gang! Isn't she a sweetie?

Thank you Tammy. :h5

Thankyou so much for your instructions!!!!!! I so love your pattern!!!!! Teapot:)

Hi :yay Sorry, I haven't been on in quite awhile.

I made up that pattern using two rows of (122) double crochet and then one row of (40) cable stitch.

Archived