Please help

linda cee

what type of yarn are you using, and what are the needles made of? If you have a slippery yarn and the needles are metal, the yarn can slip around very easily. When i learned to knit, I found that using bamboo needles was very helpful because the bamboo has just enough grip to help the yarn stay on the needles.

i found the videos at http://www.knittinghelp.com/ to be very helpful.

I am using metal. Do they have bamboo at michaels?

i don't know as i very seldom get to Michaels. I would imagine they do have some kind of bamboo needles. I know that Joanns carries Clover needles which i really love, and Hobby Lobby has some bamboo needles i think, maybe Susan Bates brand.

Wood will also work but it's a bit heavier than bamboo and tends to be just a tad rougher. I guess it has the most "tooth". Also, are you needles straights or circulars? Circulars look strange and may even feel strange till you get used to them, but even though I've knitted for a few years now I drop fewer stitches on them than on straights. For several reasons circs have become my preference You might think about it...

I do like bamboo needles for learning. They do keep the stitches on better than metal.

:manyheart

What about plastic. The yarn sure sticks for me.

I had thought about that as I think they are cheaper than bamboo but I don't like plastic crochet hooks so I was kind of wondering about plastic needles but a recommendation certainly helps. I'm going to my craft store this week so I'll let you know what I get and if it works for me. :knit

• 2 weeks later...
I got bamboo as they were on sale and so far they are working fine.

I think I have almost gotten the hang of the knit stitch :yay

:hug to everyone that helped

Glad things worked out for you.

:manyheart

Archived