Workbasket Magazine: Need Contact Information

Amy

Does anybody have any of the last issues of Workbasket magazine (1995, early 1996) around? If so, can you please look in the magazine and give me any contact information for the company that was listed?

Mailing address, phone numbers, names of various editors?

I am going to attempt to verify whether the company went out of business without assigning their existing copyrights to anyone else. If the company was its own legal entity, and that legal entity no longer exists, there's a possibility that patterns could be in the public domain.

But it's possible the copyrights were assigned or sold to another company, or assigned to an individual who used to own or work for the company, or even that they reverted back to the designers (depending on original contracts), so it's also possible they may still be under copyright protection.

There's a group of attorneys that does pro bono work for people in the arts and crafts industry, so I'm hoping I can convince them to take on this investigation for free, or perhaps at a very reduced cost.

Thanks for any contact information you can share with me. It's okay to post the information in this thread if you wish. You can also PM me if you prefer.

according to google...it was changed to K C Publishing Inc. (John and Carol Precich)

K C Publishing Inc

4645 Belleview Ave, Kansas City, MO 64112 816-531-5730

Thanks, everyone! I now have the information I need to start Googling some people, see if I can find current contact information, and try to get answers to the copyright question.

I'll let you know as soon as I'm able to find out anything.

awsome. if you need more numbers I will get the book back out and send you more. and I'll also google some of them ppl n see what i can find and pass any info i find to you

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
I was curious if you ever heard back from anyone yet? I have some of those from the 50's that I received after my Grandfather passed away (they were my Grandmothers).

I am looking for a 1941 issue, vol 6 issue #12 (C972) from Sept 1941. Does anyone have this for sale? I would LOVE to make the quilt pattern Stars of Stripes. Please let me know...

Thank you,

Debbie

Archived