2012 Chain Loop Special Olympics Scarf

sedie

a>

The 2012 Special Olympics Scarf Project, sponsored by

Red Heart yarn co., is underway and I designed this scarf specifically for this project. Go to the Special Olympics Scarf Project website to find out more, and to see where in your state you can send a completed scarf or two or twenty!

Chain Loop Special Olympics Scarf

Pattern Instructions

Chain 22 with Color A

Row 1: DC in 3rd ch from hook, DC across, 20 sts, turn

Row 2: CH 1, 1 SC in front loop of first DC, *8 CH, 1 SC in front loop of next DC, repeat from *, ending by changing to color B with SC in front loop of last DC, turn

Row 3: CH 2, DC in back loop of each st across, turn

Repeat rows 2 &3 8 times for pattern, 6 rows or looped sts

IMG_7997.JPG

At end of 12th row change to color A turn

Row 13: CH 2, DC in back loop of each st across, turn

Row 14: CH 1, SC in each st across changing to color B at end of row, turn

Row 15: CH 2, DC in each st across, turn

Row 16: CH 1, SC in each st across changing to color B at end of row, turn

Repeat rows 15 & 16 61 times for pattern, ending with color B row

Row 17: CH 2, DC in each st across, turn

Row 18: CH 1, SC in each st across, change to color B, turn

Row 19: CH 8, SC in back loop of 1st st, *CH 8, SC in back loop of next st, repeat from * to end

Row 20: CH 2, DC in back loop of each st across, changing to color A, turn

Repeat rows 19 & 20 8 times for pattern, 6 rows of chained st ending with color A DC row.

Bind off, weave in ends and send!!!

NOTE: This pattern is slightly longer than the maximum length of 60" so repeating rows 15 & 16 55 times ending on a color B row should reduce the length to guidlines.

http://sedruola.etsy.com

© Yarn Obsession, May 2011

Very pretty!! Thanx for the pattern!!:) Last year I made several scarves for Special Olympics"..........& trying to come up with different fun patterns so 1. You don't get bored with the same pattern; #2. It's a fun or nice style for the receipient!!:)

Really pretty! I went to the website and have decided that this is what i'm going to do this year. I used to work at a grocery store and we had a Special Olympics participant who was a bagger. Every time he went to the olympics, he would wear his medal with pride to work for at least 2 weeks. It was wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration.

Very pretty!! Thanx for the pattern!!:) Last year I made several scarves for Special Olympics"..........& trying to come up with different fun patterns so 1. You don't get bored with the same pattern; #2. It's a fun or nice style for the receipient!!:)

Hi Oliveoil,

That's exactly what I was thinking when I decided to design this one. I didn't want to get bored and I wanted the recipients to have variety! It was such fun creating the pattern and working it up!

Really pretty! I went to the website and have decided that this is what i'm going to do this year. I used to work at a grocery store and we had a Special Olympics participant who was a bagger. Every time he went to the olympics, he would wear his medal with pride to work for at least 2 weeks. It was wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration.

YAY Rose!!!

I'm so happy I could inspire you to this project! Have fun with it, cause it's a great cause. Just keep that smiling face in your mind and go for it!!

Archived