Helping Veterans Blanket Project

BPitard

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure if you guys can see this without being a Facebook member but here is a picture of the blanket I finished last night. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=223099474380954&set=a.206546986036203.52773.203898552967713&type=1&theater

I thought you might enjoy seeing it.. :)

Beth

It did let me in to see it without being a member. Thank you for posting the link.

I'm not sure if you guys can see this without being a Facebook member but here is a picture of the blanket I finished last night. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=223099474380954&set=a.206546986036203.52773.203898552967713&type=1&theater

I thought you might enjoy seeing it.. :)

Beth

I hope you receive my squares today. Thank you for posting pictures, they are beautiful.:manyheart

It was Crochetville Day at my house! I received packages from Mary, Liz and Cindy!

Thank you so much!!!

Great, I am so glad they got there alright. I wish it could have been more.

I just figured out how to upload pictures direct from my phone to the blog. Be sure to check it out - knits4charity.blogspot.com (I don't know why I called it "knits" for charity- I might eventually change it since I am clearly a "hooker!" lol!)

I uploaded a bunch of pictures of finished blankets today and plan to upload pictures of squares as they come in and blankets as I finish them from now on. ENJOY!

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again. I wanted to let you know I sent some squares today. Just a little post when you get them works great for me. Save that postage for........YARN! I had missed your latest posts on fb as I dont spend much time on fb.....saw it today and wish I would have tucked a couple bucks in package. I will next time. Good luck and it is fun to see the ghans put together. They are definately a labor of love.

They made it! Awwwe what nice pics you post on fb of all the squares and beautiful blankets they will all become! I plan to tuck in a little help from your "needs" list next time. Hope to see your project flourish!

Thank you, CynCyn. I will let you know when I receive them. I have stopped mailing the personal thank-you's because I got many people saying "I don't need that!". I thought it was a nice touch but I guess it wasn't necessary. Oh well... more time for hookin' right?

Have a great day - and thanks again!

Beth

The personal thank you's were wonderful. A very nice touch! However, use your time and postage for the vets and know that we appreciate all you do!!!

I agree. I really couldn't have stated it better. Your acknowledgement of receipt and thanks posted on here is very adequate.

I am officially looking for people to help me join afghans. I haven't quite figured out how it will work (financially) but I can't do this alone. If you are willing to help, please let me know. I prefer blankets to be joined with the flat braid join but I am willing to entertain other ideas. I will be asking you to send me a sample of your handiwork so I can insure our Veterans get the best of the best and all finished blankets will be sent to me. Thats all I have for details so far.

Archived